Sign in with
Your question

HD 5770 Temps, and Back Fans, and CCC?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 10, 2011 6:35:34 AM

Hi, i know you've been asked about this alot, but i really got 2 more questions....My Sapphire 5770 is getting really hot this days, it reaches 89c...91c in unigine haven test and in most games, and with or without OC
so if i changed my back fan which is a stock Gigabyte fan to a fan like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... will it help?! and i downgraded from 10.10 CCC to 10.4 for OC issues, does it make a difference in heat problems?!
thank you

More about : 5770 temps back fans ccc

May 10, 2011 8:16:03 AM

Well, i installed 10.11 CCC and amazingly the Temps dropped to 65c Max @ 895, 1300 OC in Unigine and other Games, which is geat, but i dont understand how's its related?!
m
l
May 10, 2011 9:24:25 AM

Fan speed? over 70 Celsius is undesirable.

I say ignore all this stuff you're doing. Figure out if your fan is spinning faster when its getting hotter. If it's not there's your problem. That's what I think it is.

That fan you linked has not much to do with anything specifically with your 5770 UNLESS your case cooling is terrible. I'm assuming you have at LEAST one out one in right?
m
l
Related resources
May 10, 2011 4:59:48 PM

I noticed that the automatic fan speed control for my 5770's was pretty poor and often was not providing enough cooling to my GPU's during heavy load causing some crashing during intesive sessions like 2033. I took manuel fan control and set them to 65-70 percent and it cleared up my problem. I did notice that the auto fan controls would never take the fans above 40 percent even when the card was overheating.
m
l
May 10, 2011 5:47:08 PM

Well, thank you guys, but incase you didnt notice, i upgraded my VGA Driver and the temps now max @ 65C...which is great but i just dont know how that makes so much difference in VGA Temps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
May 10, 2011 7:38:19 PM

kaspro said:
Well, thank you guys, but incase you didnt notice, i upgraded my VGA Driver and the temps now max @ 65C...which is great but i just dont know how that makes so much difference in VGA Temps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's because it's controlling the fan speed.
m
l
May 10, 2011 8:37:01 PM

The driver controls the auto fan speed setting so updating them may have corrected a problem with the other driver version not properly speeding up the fan as the card heated up ! -- so makes sense that changing the driver could fix the overheating problem.
m
l
May 11, 2011 8:25:05 AM

yeah, anyway there's always something wrong for each CCC version.....the temps now are cool, but the screen goes like crazy while loggin in and out from windows, even while opening and closing the CCC!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
May 11, 2011 8:26:50 AM

I don't think that that's from CCC. I'm not sure.
m
l
!