Sign in with
Your question

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6770 Video Card - gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 10, 2011 2:04:51 AM

Hello - casual LOTRO player - building a new system newegg has a good bundle deal with this card and AMD Phenom II x4 chip that i want for a price that fits my budget - about $110 bucks for the card and a $135 for the chip - is the card anygood?

thanks
R
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 3:25:18 AM

From what I have read the 6770 is pretty much a rerelease of the 5770 without much change that was originally only going to be for the OEM market (so their products could advertise having a 6xxx gen card that people would think was newer than the 2 year old 5xxx gen cards) but seems a few companies are releasing them as a retail product -- so the performance is the same as a 5770 which can be bought for less money !! (they have a few 5770s for under $100) - so you'd be better off getting the 5770 instead ! -- Also there have been several people having problems getting the ATI drivers to install for the 6770 since it is not included as a released card in the driver definition files of the ATI drivers so they will not install (not sure if that has been corrected yet or not !)
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 11:42:28 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Graphics & Displays by Grumpy9117
Related resources
!