Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire HD 5850 EXTREME

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 10, 2011 12:03:59 PM

I bought this graphic card Sapphire HD 5850 extreme couple days ago. Because I've already had one 5850 in PC, specifically PowerColor ATI PCS+ HD 5850, I plugged Sapphire automatically as a secondary card to crossfire. However this card isn't working for me as a secondary, I made it to work only in grid computing project MilkyWay@Home. All Crossfire settings were saying that card is synchronized with master card, but it wasn't working at all.

So I swapped card and it works.

So my question is if there is anybody else with this problem ?

I know it's working, but card from PowerColor has a slightly higher and litte bit different cooling, it took almost 3 slots, two by default and space between cooler and next PCI card less then 1cm, which is not awesome for cooling.
To complete this, I'm running i7 860@3.8 on MSI GD65.

Last note: Because I was looking for this information about power supply. I have CoolerMaster M600, PowerColor card using two default modular cables for PCI-E and Sapphire card is connected to single molex line with two adapters to 6pins (those adapters comes with the card). Also a note that there isn't connected anything else to that molex line and PC is table without crashing.

More about : sapphire 5850 extreme

May 14, 2011 9:31:11 PM

The sapphire extreme has slightly lowered clocks than other HD 5850's so you should try either upping the clocks of the sapphire or lowing the clocks on the PowerColor so the cards are perfectly matching.
!