What motherboard for i7-3770k?

6 answers Last reply
More about what motherboard 3770k
  1. And will it support crossfire with i7-3770k (that works well, i know the both do)
  2. Go for Z77 bro,soon enough Z68 will be stamped EOL by most vendors. I see that you have a i7-3770K so dont be cheap on the mobo.The following should be fine keeping in view of SLI/CFX and OCing -

1.Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H
    2.Gigabyte GA Z77X UD3H
    3.Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    4.Asus P8Z77-V PRO
    5.ASRock Z77 Performance
    6.ASRock Z77 Extreme4

For every vendor I have listed the more feature studded and pricy mobo first and then the one with best performance/price. Remember the most expensive mobo is not always the best from all sides. You got to strike a balance between everything so as to build a powerful rig enough to last longer.

Regarding other vendors such as Biostar and MSI - the first one is not at all recommended(esp. with a 3770K) and about the latter one I dont have any good idea to advise you cuz I never really got to try MSI s mobos.

Also you should add more details like your budget,OCing limits,purpose of the rig.

Newayz, HAPPY GAMING !!!
  3. Thx
  4. Be careful on what ran you go for on the UDH5 as I bought this mobo but my 2133 mhz corsair vengeance blue ram odd only detected at 1333 mhz :(
  5. Be careful on what ram you go for on the UDH5 as I bought this mobo but my 2133 mhz corsair vengeance blue ram only detected at 1333 mhz :(
  6. propete10 said:
    Be careful on what ram you go for on the UDH5 as I bought this mobo but my 2133 mhz corsair vengeance blue ram only detected at 1333 mhz :(

How's it going Propete, I'm not sure if you resolved your issue as of yet, either way, the following may provide assistance to you..

I have the GA-Z77X-UD3H with the Corsair vengeance 1600, I also received the exact speed 1333 mhz, however, within the Bios of my MB, I'm able to go into the mem settings (of the top of my head, I think it may be the MIT part of the BIOS) and configure the mem speed, doing this i have total control of speed and other variables also..

GA-Z77X-UD3H
    I7- 3770K 3.5
    16GB Ram Corsair Veng 1600
    OCZ 120GB Vertex3 SSD
    Sata2 HDD 2TB
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Intel i7 Motherboards MSI-Microstar