Static in calls only when talking?

I've been having a Cingular problem recently and I'm wondering if
anyone else has experienced anything similar.

I get a call and answer it. There will be no static when either of us
is talking, but as soon as one of us starts to talk, static jumps in.

I usually hang up, call them back (or they call me back) and the
connection is fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Uglor
2 answers Last reply
More about static calls talking

    <shadowink@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've been having a Cingular problem recently and I'm wondering if
    > anyone else has experienced anything similar.
    >
    > I get a call and answer it. There will be no static when either
    > of us
    > is talking, but as soon as one of us starts to talk, static jumps
    > in.
    >
    > I usually hang up, call them back (or they call me back) and the
    > connection is fine. Anyone else have this problem?
    >
    > Uglor

    Your message is not clear.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    shadowink@gmail.com wrote:

    > I've been having a Cingular problem recently and I'm wondering if
    > anyone else has experienced anything similar.
    >
    > I get a call and answer it. There will be no static when either of us
    > is talking, but as soon as one of us starts to talk, static jumps in.
    >
    > I usually hang up, call them back (or they call me back) and the
    > connection is fine. Anyone else have this problem?
    >
    > Uglor

    Have you tried using another handset? The problem may be with the
    phone...with the firmware or an unknown issue. Using another handset will
    tell you whether it's the network in your particular area, or your phone
    (most likely).

    TH

Cingular Connection Internet Service Providers