Tags:
  • Radeon
  • VGA
  • Memory
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
May 10, 2011 5:04:17 PM

Hi all!

I have a Gigabyte 6850 1 GB and my os is a Windows 7 64 bit version. My driver: 11.5 Catalyst

So my problem is the clock of my VGA memory's doesn't change to IDLE place. My memory clock always on 1000 Mhz instead 300 MHz. Also in 3D and also in 2D.
Why? I tried to reinstall OS, change VGA driver, flash VGA bios, but don't work any of them.

What make this?

What should I do? Pls help!

More about : 6850 powerplay problem

May 10, 2011 6:37:08 PM

Do you have multipul monitors hooked up to this card? If so with multipul monitors these cards will not down clock i dont know why and it has not been fixed yet to my knowlege.
May 10, 2011 6:56:31 PM

I have one DELL U2311 H monitor @ 72 hertz.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 10, 2011 7:11:33 PM

Hum i have never heard of this issue with 1 monitor used driversweeper and remove all ati drivers and try a reinstall.
a b } Memory
May 10, 2011 7:37:43 PM

cia24 said:
Do you have multipul monitors hooked up to this card? If so with multipul monitors these cards will not down clock i dont know why and it has not been fixed yet to my knowlege.

They run at higher clocks with 2 or more monitors because AMD found some time ago that some cards would produce flickering because of not having enough power to render the pixels of the both monitors, they realiced it was solved completely by raising the clocks when at idle mode so they made it default in their drivers since 10.5, so it's actually intended to be like that and it NOT an issue.

Is your card a factory OC version from gigabyte or just the normal one? some of the custom ones are known for not going down to idle clocks completely, because there are slight differences to the card's BIOS and fan control due to different PCB design, this gets solved by installing the drivers from Gigabyte's site instead of the ones from AMD.

Try getting the drivers from the gigabyte site instead.
May 12, 2011 11:32:03 PM

Hi bro,Im using a TWIN POWER OC 6850 From MSI according the to manual,the card has a voltage tweak hence having 1000 Memory idle.Mine's 300/1000 Idle.