Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus Maximus V Formula or Asus Sabertooth Z77?

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 8:28:22 AM

what are you planning on using it for? single graphics card gaming rig, multi card gaming rig, what ports do you really need and does your case support extended atx mother boards?

answer those and ill tell you which one, or ill recommend something completely different
Score
July 12, 2012 3:40:35 PM

Sli 670s (have one now upgrade for the future). I have NZXT Switch so yes my case can support iut. I like the Maximus for the blu-tooth and wi-fi. Also the 3/8'' fittings for fusion thermal.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 4:14:07 PM

sounds like you are pointing more towards the ROG board, go with your gut feeling on it. i typically find a product that suits me the most then try to disprove it in anyway possible just to make sure it is the product for me.

you are going to spend an extra $30 to get wifi and blu-tooth anyway, might as well just get the maximus. my first choice was a z68 gene-z but newegg was out of stock and i had to settle for a gigabyte board, i regret not waiting for it to be back in stock

i also have a 670, did you get a asus gpu? i chose it because it was the quietest option on the market, after living with a 480 you can probably understand why
July 12, 2012 6:06:50 PM

I choose the Windforce version, reviews stated DC2T was unstable 1/2 the time. The Windforce can OC up a stock 680, so I chose that one.
Score
July 12, 2012 6:06:56 PM

Best answer selected by roxas2030.
Score
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 6:10:35 PM

i got the non top edition, its just a factory over clock and label that you are paying for and its more stable than the top edition
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 12, 2012 6:32:53 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!