Sign in with
Your question

Can i playing metro 33 with 8800gtx

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2011 7:43:45 PM

Hi I have an Intel core 2 Q6850 and an asus GTX8800 on a asus Pn5 board.I haven't bought a PC game in a while (PS3 taken over). just purchased metro 33. (waiting for delivery) read specks after buying and wow my top end PC, is not top end anymore. anyone no will it play on this setup

More about : playing metro 8800gtx

a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 7:52:40 PM

It will play on lower settings that game makes my gtx 580 watercooled and overclocked with a gtx 260 as a physx card cry at high-max settings lol
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 7:54:38 PM

Minimum:

* Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
* DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
* 1GB RAM

Recommended:

* Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
* DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above)
* 2GB RAM

Optimum:

* Core i7 CPU
* NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
* As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
* Fast HDD or SSD

Enabling 3D Vision

Metro 2033 utilizes NVIDIA 3D Vision with compatible cards and hardware. To play in 3D you will require:

* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 and above recommended
* A 120Hz (or above) monitor
* NVIDIA 3D Vision kit
* Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7

Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 7:57:07 PM

god i love the 8gb+ on the ram lol.
a c 365 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2011 7:57:08 PM

In the PC world a high end PC does not remain high end if it is not upgraded on an annual basis.
a c 217 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2011 7:57:21 PM

Generally, dev's are overly optimistic on minimum requirements, so I'd think twice about it. Although, if you have a small enough resolution, it may still be reasonable.
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 7:58:47 PM

metro 2033 is one of those games that is not worth spending 3grand to max it out lol.
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 8:00:30 PM

It should play well at DX10 mid-high settings, probably no AA depending on your resolution.

metro 2033 is not a good way to see if your PC is up to date, it's just a horribly coded console port with a -meh story and gameplay that's been WAY way way overrated, it's more of a benchmark than an actual game.

A 8800gtx should still run most of today's games at high-ish setting and a resolution of 1280x1024(not much more)
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2011 8:19:11 PM

Hi thanks for your answers , Iv had this PC for nearly 3 years so I suppose its quite naive of me to think its high end. i guess it was ok when I bought it. full spec is core 2 Q6850@3ghz 4gig ocz ddr2 800 ruining @900MHz 550psu Pn5e sli single GTX8800, windows vista32bit samsung 500gig H drive. Kind regards to everyone for your responses
a c 217 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2011 8:22:56 PM

wiinippongamer said:
It should play well at DX10 mid-high settings, probably no AA depending on your resolution.

metro 2033 is not a good way to see if your PC is up to date, it's just a horribly coded console port with a -meh story and gameplay that's been WAY way way overrated, it's more of a benchmark than an actual game.

A 8800gtx should still run most of today's games at high-ish setting and a resolution of 1280x1024(not much more)

Why is it that any game, or game engine, that pushes the envelope on visuals gets labeled as horribly coded?

Crisis and Metro 2033 are not horribly coded, they are/were future-tech. The give the best visual experience and push the limits of what is possible on a computer more than any other games of their time. That's not horrible coding. That's just a different approach to graphics.

The cool thing is, if you aren't too proud to use medium settings, both games still look better than most any other of their time and nothing matches their visuals of their time.
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 8:30:56 PM

bystander said:
Why is it that any game, or game engine, that pushes the envelope on visuals gets labeled as horribly coded?

Crisis and Metro 2033 are not horribly coded, they are/were future-tech. The give the best visual experience and push the limits of what is possible on a computer more than any other games of their time. That's not horrible coding. That's just a different approach to graphics.

The cool thing is, if you aren't too proud to use medium settings, both games still look better than most any other of their time and nothing matches their visuals of their time.

That's probably true, still way overrated though, as a game it's nothing special, even lackluster in some way, same goes to crysis, though messing around with sandbox explosions was pretty awesome.
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 10, 2011 8:53:42 PM

wiinippongamer said:
That's probably true, still way overrated though, as a game it's nothing special, even lackluster in some way, same goes to crysis, though messing around with sandbox explosions was pretty awesome.

I personally think Metro 2033 is an awesome game (gameplay wise) perhaps one of the best storylines I've played. Not everyone will share your opinion of Metro 2033 being -meh or lackluster.
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2011 9:23:42 PM

Crysis isn't hi-tech... I like Mass Effect 2 graphics more and they don't overload my GPU like Crysis does. Actually, even Crysis 2 runs at smaller temperatures! =)

Here's the funny thing about Metro 2033: my friend got it on his G73Jh and really liked it, but the performance was horrible. Guess what? After switching to DX9 as the renderer the game would max out with smooth fps and no visual difference whatsoever! :D 

So I DO consider that bad coding. Though the game is good... I'll see how my GTX 560 will handle it, eventually =)

@Frankeim - upgrade. Wait for LGA 2011, if you can =)
a c 217 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 11, 2011 12:50:26 AM

wiinippongamer said:

I didn't like the cryosuit very much in Crysis, and I haven't finished Metro 2033 yet to tell you how great or not it is, but my favorite single person shooter, which also pushed the limits on graphics was Farcry. Wide open battles, no invisibility, yet you still had to take cover to survive. Farcry is still the best in my book.
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2011 9:52:27 AM

wiinippongamer said:

I played the game on high settings on my i7 870 and gtx 275 at 1680X1050(max resolution).I also enabled physx to run on my cpu(It didn't lower my performance any :D  )and the game just looks super awesome.I actually felt scared when I was all alone and was approaching a station with all people dead.Even the sound effects were the best I heard next to bfbc2.Even on high settings it looks better than crysis 1 maxed but thats just my opinion.I also liked the story.Its actually very well optimised.the only parts which I felt were unoptimised where the beginning scene where you go out with miller(20 fps even on lowest settings there lol) and the ending scene when you are out with miller.apart from the outside sections which feel a little unoptimised the game was lag free dor the most part.

@OP.THE 8800 GTX was developed with 1280X1024 resolution in mind.the 8800 GTX is pretty similar to the gts 250 so according to geforce.com optimal playable settings you can play at that resolution on normal setttings and get 32 fps.This may sound low but I found 30 fps in the game to be surprisingly well playable

http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/OPS/Metro-2033-OPS-Ge...
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2011 9:55:28 AM

bystander said:

yeah even on medium it looks better than all games.yougamers's review stated that the settings should be renamed low(high),medium(very high),high(ridiculously high),very high(You are joking,right?)
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 11, 2011 11:33:58 AM

Also the highest details look minimally different to the next step down but have a huge fps hit.
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2011 7:41:21 PM

^That's cause of tesselation
a c 217 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 11, 2011 7:51:51 PM

wiinippongamer said:
^That's cause of tesselation

The tessellation is a different animal all together. It's a separate option.

When you read the descriptions of all the settings changed between medium, high and vary high, the difference appears to be whether certain things are using predefined lighting and calculations vs calculating everything on the spot. Often times these estimated calculations are almost identical to those calculated real time.
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2011 12:12:40 PM

On low enough resolutions (<1680x1050), metro will run fine on high settings on your rig, though you'll not be able to use DX 11 stuff like tessellation.I agree with others that going from high to very high does not affect quality by that much, but it comes at the cost of a huge hit in performance.

PS: I finished metro on my cousin's PC( C2D E7500 @stock, 2GB RAM, GTS 450 with a slight OC) on high settings, tessellation enabled @ 1366x768 and got very respectable framerates, more than 25 FPS most of the time.
!