• Graphics Cards
  • SLI
  • Motherboards
  • Compatibility
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 10, 2011 9:32:54 PM

My PC is gonna be HAF-912 and the motherboard is sli/xfire compatible...would i be able to fit dual Msi GTX580 frozr II lightnings in SLI in that setup? They each take up two PCI slots....PLEASE RESPOND

More about : fit gtx580 sli haf 912

a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2011 6:26:08 PM

I wouldn't SLi those as the heat from one card would dump right on the other one. Unless you have some more plans for a better airflow within your case.

Just to put it lightly: You're planning on spending $1,000 on video cards, while only spending $60 on a case. You should rethink that.
m
l
Related resources
May 11, 2011 6:57:50 PM

borisof007 said:
I wouldn't SLi those as the heat from one card would dump right on the other one. Unless you have some more plans for a better airflow within your case.

Just to put it lightly: You're planning on spending $1,000 on video cards, while only spending $60 on a case. You should rethink that.

i was originally gonna buy everything seperatly and put it together, im 16 and this is my first build, however due to price constraints i decided im gonna buy a mid range gaming pc and gradually upgrade it with my final intend having dual 580s...keep in mind that the sli wont come into play until sometime next year...i decided on the cyberpower 1308 xtreme from newegg cuz its under 1000...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i was gonna buy the first 580 after the summer then later on upgrade the PSU and add a second 580 later on....this is because it came with the cpu i wanted and was relativly cheap....(2500k SB)

due you think i would need to upgrade the case too when i upgrade it?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2011 7:09:18 PM

If you get a stock 580 that exhausts externally your case will probably be fine. You can always add a fan to the side panel if they run hot.
m
l
!