Graphic Problems?

G

Hi all :D

I'm totally new so I hope I'm in the right place to ask for help. Also I apologize for my horrible english full of awesome/stupid/spaniard mistakes. Well here it comes the problem...

All my videogames have slowing attacks combined with times that the game runes perfectly well and fluid. It doesn't matter if the games are old (like quake 2) or new (Starcraft 2) so its not for the requirements. Also it's not related with my graphic configuration and I have all my drivers fully updated. I think my labtop can run them because of the periods where the games run perfectly, but I'm totally lost about how to solve the problem.

I have an Acer TravelMate 6593 running with Windows 7 Professional,
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 @2.26GHz 2,27GHz
RAM: 4,00 GB (2,93 usable)
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Display Adapter: Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset Family
Let me know If you need any more info.

Thank you all for your time and your help.

simple359

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Is it always running perfectly at first, then slowdowns appear after some time playing?
And do the slowdowns disappear for a while if you close one game (after slowdowns appear there) and then open another, or do they stay regardless of anything once they appear?

G

Hi simple359!

Yes as you say it runs perfectly at first (15 min maybe), then the slowdowns start to appear , and again it runs perfectly for some time (less), and the slowdown comes back -> infinite loop

The slowdowns don't dissappear for a time when I close the game, they remain there and I think they increase as more time my labtop is running the game.

Thx!

Havvoc

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Might Be a RAM Issue ... Run the game , wait for it to slow down and alt tab out .. go to task manager and check the performance tab and see if you are using all your memory or CPU. If memory is low .. check your Processes tab for a program called STDRT.exe .... if there you have to remove it ... it is a memory hogging script app

simple359

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
I would edge more towards a resources (CPU/RAM) problem than a temperature problem. I thought it was due to temperatures as well, but i don't think it would go in a loop like mushroom00 said it does. Although an integrated graphics card isn't too powerful in the first place...
Some system resource is being filled up (most likely RAM like Havvoc said), me thinks.

Havvoc

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Dang ... That sucks ... and you are at your RAM Max ... I would rid of some of your un-needed startup programs .. maybe that will clear up some of that memory, or maybe increasing your page file also.....