Cannot load a wepage, but Router shows connected.

I have two desktops, a laptop, a PS3, and an Xbox 360 connected to my router. For the past 3 months the internet has been going in and out intermittently. I originally thought the radius of the wireless signal (a Linksys wireless-G WRT54GL) was dying as I was losing the connection to the PS3, laptop, and my personal desktop that were using wireless cards. I replaced the Router with a brand new Belkin Play wireless-N router. The modem has been replaced three times by Brighthouse, each time with a brand new modem, and Brighthouse has confirmed that the modem is running properly. The devices connected to the router are as follows:

Desktop A running Windows 7 64bit (wired, but with a wireless capability)
Desktop B running Windows Vista (wired)
Laptop A running windows 7 32bit (wireless)
PS3 A (wireless)
Xbox 360 A (wired)

I have disabled and enabled the firewalls and tried every combination between the three computers and the problem persists.

A couple interesting things do happen. The router will show that the internet is connected but will be unable to load a webpage, yet the LAN on Desktop A states there is no internet connection. For some weird reason though, while I was unable to load a webpage, World of Warcraft ran fine (unsure if this is related). I have heard rumors that Windows 7 and Windows Vista are uncompatible when networked together, but have not found any substantial evidence.

If someone could please help that would be awesome.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot load wepage router shows connected
  1. From the sound of it you know what you're doing but, just in case you neglected this rather obvious step:

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Wireless Routers Desktops Networking