Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezes up possibly graphics issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 11, 2011 12:32:19 AM

I recently upgraded my motherboard/CPU to the gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h & AMD phenom II x6. Now I am getting freezes at almost random times, only times it isnt random is when i try to play a game it will always freeze after say 30 secs - 1 min or it will freeze when i do windows experience index(always in the graphics tests). Now at first I had thought maybe the processor or motherboard was the problem & i had gotten a lemon, but i am on my second of both & it is still ongoing & i had gotten new RAM Corsair Vengeance (3X4g sticks). My Video Card is Nvidia Geforce GTS 450. Was wondering what peoples thoughts are as before the MB/CPU/RAM upgrade my card was running fine & is only about 2 months old. So basically I am hoping that maybe the motherboard & card. Also its very strange that 90% of my windows updates are failing, this is new since the upgrade also.
a c 153 U Graphics card
May 11, 2011 12:38:58 AM

So wait. I might be confused. You replaced the motherboard cpu AND ram and you are still having the problem?

What is your power supply. That would have been the first thing I checked.
m
l
May 12, 2011 10:54:14 AM

Helltech said:
So wait. I might be confused. You replaced the motherboard cpu AND ram and you are still having the problem?

What is your power supply. That would have been the first thing I checked.

Thermaltake 850w
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2011 11:15:23 AM

Are you sure that its not due to overheating components?
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2011 3:55:26 PM

Yeah, agree with greghome above, Install the fresh new copy of windows on your PC, re-install everything (clean install).
m
l
May 16, 2011 12:59:12 AM

ive done about 3 fresh installs so far & still getting the same problem, and I cant see why it would be overheating since i have lanboy air with all 15 fan slots being used & Corsair Air Series A50 Universal Intel / AMD CPU Cooler also ..... also the freezes seem completely random ... it might freeze 3 times on the windows 7 loading screen before the computer starts up from being off all night, I was thinking power supply but everything looks like its getting power, vid card fan is blowing as well as everything else ... so far ive tried 2 vid cards, 2 different sets of RAM, I'm gonna take some pictures & post them for you all to see maybe there is something i am not seeing
m
l
May 17, 2011 10:51:53 AM

Alright so I figured out the random freeze issue & I feel dumb for it. I needed to update my bios. Problem is now I just freeze up when playing games
m
l
!