PSP vs DS: At moment, PSP is winning big for me.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it. I will
say on this:
Mario 64 is great, Mr. Driller was fun for awhile, Asphalt is pretty
good. Wario is good, if you want to use the touch screen. Yoshi is
the best use of the touch screen thus far, and Retro Atari has its high
and low points.

Well, the PSP hit the stores today, and I fell for the buzz around it,
and I picked out up during lunch. Well, that and Mercury which is due
out for it. Got 4 titles with the PSP: Ridge Racer, Nightstalkers, Ape
Escape, and Lumines (must have, also a drive to get the system title,
as I am into puzzle games). These titles sold me on the system, when I
got it. Finally got to play some. The screen is incredible (best
ever), and the system's graphics rival the PS2 (the DS is like an
N64-Dreamcast hybrid).
Well, after work, I went and got Metal Gear Ac!d, Untold Legends
(Diablo clone on the go, complete with random dungeons), and Twisted
Metal. 7 titles. Ugh, most ever for a launch. Still need to get to
play these tonight.

At this moment, I am thinking of dumping the DS for store credit (Yoshi
Touch and Go screams not to though). And the PSP is winning.

If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
is winning big with me.

Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.

- Richard Hutnik
81 answers Last reply
More about moment winning
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
    > with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
    > but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
    > is winning big with me.
    >
    > Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.

    I don't think Nintendo expects the DS to compete with the PSP. It is just a
    space holder.

    > - Richard Hutnik

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    The system and 7 games, you must have dropped $500 on it. It will be
    interesting to see what you think of the PSP after a few months.

    AceoHearts
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Kirby Touch and Go? I will need to check that out. I am likely to at
    least dump a few of the DS games. Again, as I said, as an controller,
    the DS holds potential.

    - Richard
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Yoshi Touch and Go offers new play mechanics and is replayable (levels
    are different each time you go through the Marathon level, which also
    interests me). This is why it interests me. I am into innovation.
    The Bomb Defusing game also is piques my interest to, as does Mercury.

    - Richard Hutnik
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
    > controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
    > to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
    > interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
    > Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
    > for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
    > Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
    > shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it. I will
    > say on this:
    > Mario 64 is great, Mr. Driller was fun for awhile, Asphalt is pretty
    > good. Wario is good, if you want to use the touch screen. Yoshi is
    > the best use of the touch screen thus far, and Retro Atari has its high
    > and low points.
    >
    > Well, the PSP hit the stores today, and I fell for the buzz around it,
    > and I picked out up during lunch. Well, that and Mercury which is due
    > out for it. Got 4 titles with the PSP: Ridge Racer, Nightstalkers, Ape
    > Escape, and Lumines (must have, also a drive to get the system title,
    > as I am into puzzle games). These titles sold me on the system, when I
    > got it. Finally got to play some. The screen is incredible (best
    > ever), and the system's graphics rival the PS2 (the DS is like an
    > N64-Dreamcast hybrid).
    > Well, after work, I went and got Metal Gear Ac!d, Untold Legends
    > (Diablo clone on the go, complete with random dungeons), and Twisted
    > Metal. 7 titles. Ugh, most ever for a launch. Still need to get to
    > play these tonight.
    >
    > At this moment, I am thinking of dumping the DS for store credit (Yoshi
    > Touch and Go screams not to though). And the PSP is winning.
    >
    > If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
    > with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
    > but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
    > is winning big with me.
    >
    > Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.
    >
    > - Richard Hutnik

    Interesting post. I only disagree with your plan to sell your DS. The
    upcoming Kirby Touch Go sounds really sweet from the preview on IGN, and
    there are many other games, like a potentially new Lunar RPG, and a new
    Katamari Damacy in the works. Give it time; more and more developers will
    get more accustomed with the system's strengths.

    Anyways, in the meantime have fun with your PSP. Almost bought one today at
    Target!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
    > controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
    > to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
    > interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
    > Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
    > for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
    > Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
    > shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it. I will
    > say on this:
    > Mario 64 is great, Mr. Driller was fun for awhile, Asphalt is pretty
    > good. Wario is good, if you want to use the touch screen. Yoshi is
    > the best use of the touch screen thus far, and Retro Atari has its high
    > and low points.
    >
    > Well, the PSP hit the stores today, and I fell for the buzz around it,
    > and I picked out up during lunch. Well, that and Mercury which is due
    > out for it. Got 4 titles with the PSP: Ridge Racer, Nightstalkers, Ape
    > Escape, and Lumines (must have, also a drive to get the system title,
    > as I am into puzzle games). These titles sold me on the system, when I
    > got it. Finally got to play some. The screen is incredible (best
    > ever), and the system's graphics rival the PS2 (the DS is like an
    > N64-Dreamcast hybrid).
    > Well, after work, I went and got Metal Gear Ac!d, Untold Legends
    > (Diablo clone on the go, complete with random dungeons), and Twisted
    > Metal. 7 titles. Ugh, most ever for a launch. Still need to get to
    > play these tonight.
    >
    > At this moment, I am thinking of dumping the DS for store credit (Yoshi
    > Touch and Go screams not to though). And the PSP is winning.
    >
    > If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
    > with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
    > but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
    > is winning big with me.
    >
    > Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.
    >
    > - Richard Hutnik

    You like Yoshi much more than I do. 30 bucks for a freaking tech
    demo/mini-game turned into a full blown release. No thanks. I'm trading mine
    in towards one of the upcoming PSP releases ...perhaps MLB or MVP. Maybe the
    bomb defusing puzzle game that's coming out soon.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    yay, a mine diffusing puzzle game.

    Minesweeper, anyone?

    "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
    >> controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
    >> to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
    >> interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
    >> Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
    >> for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
    >> Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
    >> shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it. I will
    >> say on this:
    >> Mario 64 is great, Mr. Driller was fun for awhile, Asphalt is pretty
    >> good. Wario is good, if you want to use the touch screen. Yoshi is
    >> the best use of the touch screen thus far, and Retro Atari has its high
    >> and low points.
    >>
    >> Well, the PSP hit the stores today, and I fell for the buzz around it,
    >> and I picked out up during lunch. Well, that and Mercury which is due
    >> out for it. Got 4 titles with the PSP: Ridge Racer, Nightstalkers, Ape
    >> Escape, and Lumines (must have, also a drive to get the system title,
    >> as I am into puzzle games). These titles sold me on the system, when I
    >> got it. Finally got to play some. The screen is incredible (best
    >> ever), and the system's graphics rival the PS2 (the DS is like an
    >> N64-Dreamcast hybrid).
    >> Well, after work, I went and got Metal Gear Ac!d, Untold Legends
    >> (Diablo clone on the go, complete with random dungeons), and Twisted
    >> Metal. 7 titles. Ugh, most ever for a launch. Still need to get to
    >> play these tonight.
    >>
    >> At this moment, I am thinking of dumping the DS for store credit (Yoshi
    >> Touch and Go screams not to though). And the PSP is winning.
    >>
    >> If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
    >> with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
    >> but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
    >> is winning big with me.
    >>
    >> Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.
    >>
    >> - Richard Hutnik
    >
    > You like Yoshi much more than I do. 30 bucks for a freaking tech
    > demo/mini-game turned into a full blown release. No thanks. I'm trading
    > mine
    > in towards one of the upcoming PSP releases ...perhaps MLB or MVP. Maybe
    > the
    > bomb defusing puzzle game that's coming out soon.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    richardhutnik@hotmail.com wrote in news:1111757333.022871.86820
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > Kirby Touch and Go? I will need to check that out. I am likely to at
    > least dump a few of the DS games. Again, as I said, as an controller,
    > the DS holds potential.
    >
    > - Richard

    As long as you've *already* bought both the DS and PSP, I can't see
    the logic in selling either. Neither system has had time to prove
    itself.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Aaron, I get credit to trade in, so I can save money and get other
    games. As far as I am concerned the PSP has proved itself enough.

    - Richard Hutnik
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    As a die-hard GBA SP user, I am happy that the PSP is doing very well. This
    will lead to an inevitable firesale of GBA/DS cartridges at the video game
    stores and I'll be more than happy to help them to clear their shelves of
    these obsolete games.

    It will be a buyer's market for the die-hard GBA/DS users :)

    <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
    > controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
    > to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
    > interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
    > Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
    > for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
    > Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
    > shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it. I will
    > say on this:
    > Mario 64 is great, Mr. Driller was fun for awhile, Asphalt is pretty
    > good. Wario is good, if you want to use the touch screen. Yoshi is
    > the best use of the touch screen thus far, and Retro Atari has its high
    > and low points.
    >
    > Well, the PSP hit the stores today, and I fell for the buzz around it,
    > and I picked out up during lunch. Well, that and Mercury which is due
    > out for it. Got 4 titles with the PSP: Ridge Racer, Nightstalkers, Ape
    > Escape, and Lumines (must have, also a drive to get the system title,
    > as I am into puzzle games). These titles sold me on the system, when I
    > got it. Finally got to play some. The screen is incredible (best
    > ever), and the system's graphics rival the PS2 (the DS is like an
    > N64-Dreamcast hybrid).
    > Well, after work, I went and got Metal Gear Ac!d, Untold Legends
    > (Diablo clone on the go, complete with random dungeons), and Twisted
    > Metal. 7 titles. Ugh, most ever for a launch. Still need to get to
    > play these tonight.
    >
    > At this moment, I am thinking of dumping the DS for store credit (Yoshi
    > Touch and Go screams not to though). And the PSP is winning.
    >
    > If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
    > with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
    > but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
    > is winning big with me.
    >
    > Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.
    >
    > - Richard Hutnik

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    richardhutnik@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
    > controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
    > to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
    > interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
    > Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
    > for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
    > Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
    > shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it.
    >
    > Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.

    I'm not particularly passionate about either of these systems
    (although I will probably cave and get a DS eventually, even if Metroid
    Hunters is the only game I ever buy.)
    However, the most decisive review I've read about PSP was by a lady
    named Kittyhawk. To paraphrase her already brief run down of the
    system, the PSP is beautiful and sleek and efficient. It also
    (apparently) breaks if you look at it the wrong way. Just be careful
    with it, that's all I'm saying. Portable consoles in particular can be
    susceptible to accidental shock and scratch damage when they're always
    being taken on the move.
    I can't count the number of times I've accidentally dropped my GBA
    (non-SP), and the wrist strap I got for it has probably saved it from
    premature destruction on one or two occasions. But it still runs
    beautifully. (I've also dropped my Gamecube a couple times, and had an
    especially nervous dog pee on it.) Nintendo has earned my loyalty for
    two reasons: They make what I consider to be cool games and their
    systems are nigh indestructible.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    The Eternal Lost Lurker wrote:
    > Could be worse.
    >
    > Could be Virtual Boy. :P

    I'll say one thing for the Virtual Boy: the 3D actually worked. Okay,
    another thing: virtually (no pun intended) all controllers these days
    use the same control configuration, with a directional control on both
    sides, so in that way its legacy lives on. :-)

    --

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Stephen Williams wrote:
    > I'm not particularly passionate about either of these systems
    > (although I will probably cave and get a DS eventually, even if Metroid
    > Hunters is the only game I ever buy.)

    I will wait at least a year before I buy a DS. After a year several
    things will happen: either a great DS game will come out that I have to
    have, or Nintendo will release details on the next Game Boy (which I'm
    really really hoping is a portable GC), *or* DSes will really come down
    in price (probably to combat the PSP).

    > However, the most decisive review I've read about PSP was by a lady
    > named Kittyhawk. To paraphrase her already brief run down of the
    > system, the PSP is beautiful and sleek and efficient. It also
    > (apparently) breaks if you look at it the wrong way.

    What the heck does that mean? Is she saying it's another piece of
    defective Sony hardware? (sleek and sexy in the store, three months
    later it's in a package on its way to Sony customer service where it
    will be ignored)

    > Just be careful
    > with it, that's all I'm saying. Portable consoles in particular can be
    > susceptible to accidental shock and scratch damage when they're always
    > being taken on the move.
    > I can't count the number of times I've accidentally dropped my GBA
    > (non-SP), and the wrist strap I got for it has probably saved it from
    > premature destruction on one or two occasions. But it still runs
    > beautifully. (I've also dropped my Gamecube a couple times, and had an
    > especially nervous dog pee on it.) Nintendo has earned my loyalty for
    > two reasons: They make what I consider to be cool games and their
    > systems are nigh indestructible.

    Well, that's certainly true, they do make some tough cookies.

    I think the PSP's power will be its Achille's heel, so to speak.
    Nintendo will be able to drastically lower the price of the DS sometime
    this year without taking much of a loss (if any), whereas Sony could not
    do that without taking a humongous loss (they're probably already taking
    a loss of at least fifty bucks per unit if I had to guess, just look at
    that screen). Now, this may be less of an issue as time goes by,
    perhaps they'll put out a PSP SP with better battery life (they may have
    to wait for new battery technology to be invented though) and the chips
    and LCD screen could be cheaper too. These are all maybes though. You
    could watch TV on the Game Gear's big color screen, didn't help it
    against the under-powered Gameboy. In a portable device, low price and
    battery life is key, possibly moreso than the library of games (people
    aren't as choosy with portable games compared to console games, they're
    more accepting of quickie puzzle titles and anything that seems like it
    was released on a console ten years ago).

    --

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Stephen Williams" <steve1.williams@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > However, the most decisive review I've read about PSP was by a lady
    > named Kittyhawk. To paraphrase her already brief run down of the
    > system, the PSP is beautiful and sleek and efficient. It also
    > (apparently) breaks if you look at it the wrong way. Just be careful
    > with it, that's all I'm saying. Portable consoles in particular can be
    > susceptible to accidental shock and scratch damage when they're always
    > being taken on the move.

    Which is why an optical drive on a handheld game system is a bad idea.

    > I can't count the number of times I've accidentally dropped my GBA
    > (non-SP), and the wrist strap I got for it has probably saved it from
    > premature destruction on one or two occasions. But it still runs
    > beautifully.

    Dude, dropping a GBA isn't going to bust it. Gamespot's reviewers *flushed
    theirs down the TOILET* and it ran just fine once they dried it off.

    > (I've also dropped my Gamecube a couple times, and had an
    > especially nervous dog pee on it.) Nintendo has earned my loyalty for
    > two reasons: They make what I consider to be cool games and their
    > systems are nigh indestructible.

    That's because they know what can happen to game systems in the hands of
    rowdy kids. :P

    --
    This post brought to you by Dammitol.
    Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,

    The Eternal Lost Lurker wrote:
    >> I can't count the number of times I've accidentally dropped my GBA
    >>(non-SP), and the wrist strap I got for it has probably saved it from
    >>premature destruction on one or two occasions. But it still runs
    >>beautifully.
    >

    > Dude, dropping a GBA isn't going to bust it. Gamespot's reviewers *flushed
    > theirs down the TOILET* and it ran just fine once they dried it off.

    Yes but were there turds and urine in the bowl as well, or just water?
    That's not a very thorough test.

    --

  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "AceoHearts" <bhoran@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

    >The system and 7 games, you must have dropped $500 on it. It will be
    >interesting to see what you think of the PSP after a few months.

    Or a few days. Most PSP purchases at this point are solely for the
    "cool factor", since there is literally no other reason to buy the
    unit given the substandard launch-title lineup. I have a unit from
    work, and yeah I've had fun flashing and showing it around ... but I'd
    honestly be feeling pretty foolish by now if I'd paid my own money for
    it.

    Joe
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Joe62" <NOSPAMjmcginn@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > "AceoHearts" <bhoran@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>The system and 7 games, you must have dropped $500 on it. It will be
    >>interesting to see what you think of the PSP after a few months.
    >
    > Or a few days. Most PSP purchases at this point are solely for the
    > "cool factor", since there is literally no other reason to buy the
    > unit given the substandard launch-title lineup. I have a unit from
    > work, and yeah I've had fun flashing and showing it around ... but I'd
    > honestly be feeling pretty foolish by now if I'd paid my own money for
    > it.
    >
    > Joe

    You should feel foolish for the lie you are telling about having one.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
    > controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
    > to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
    > interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
    > Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
    > for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
    > Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
    > shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it. I will
    > say on this:
    > Mario 64 is great, Mr. Driller was fun for awhile, Asphalt is pretty
    > good. Wario is good, if you want to use the touch screen. Yoshi is
    > the best use of the touch screen thus far, and Retro Atari has its high
    > and low points.
    >
    > Well, the PSP hit the stores today, and I fell for the buzz around it,
    > and I picked out up during lunch. Well, that and Mercury which is due
    > out for it. Got 4 titles with the PSP: Ridge Racer, Nightstalkers, Ape
    > Escape, and Lumines (must have, also a drive to get the system title,
    > as I am into puzzle games). These titles sold me on the system, when I
    > got it. Finally got to play some. The screen is incredible (best
    > ever), and the system's graphics rival the PS2 (the DS is like an
    > N64-Dreamcast hybrid).
    > Well, after work, I went and got Metal Gear Ac!d, Untold Legends
    > (Diablo clone on the go, complete with random dungeons), and Twisted
    > Metal. 7 titles. Ugh, most ever for a launch. Still need to get to
    > play these tonight.
    >
    > At this moment, I am thinking of dumping the DS for store credit (Yoshi
    > Touch and Go screams not to though). And the PSP is winning.
    >
    > If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
    > with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
    > but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
    > is winning big with me.
    >
    > Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.
    >
    > - Richard Hutnik

    I'm planning on picking up PSP within a week or so, but still have high
    expectations for the NDS. At the top of my "wish list" for the NDS is a
    standard 802.11b capable web browser and email client. Such applications
    would be a perfect fit for the DS, with it's two LCD's and touchscreen. I
    want one handheld for both internet capability and game playing. As of now,
    I have to carry around both a PDA and the DS.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Joe62 wrote:
    > Or a few days. Most PSP purchases at this point are solely for the
    > "cool factor", since there is literally no other reason to buy the
    > unit given the substandard launch-title lineup. I have a unit from
    > work, and yeah I've had fun flashing and showing it around ... but I'd
    > honestly be feeling pretty foolish by now if I'd paid my own money for
    > it.
    >
    > Joe

    I remember thinking the CD-i was pretty cool. 7th Guest looked awesome
    on it, moreso than the PC. It had "flash factor," for sure. Of course,
    it had a lackluster library, which I could also say for the PSP and DS.

    --

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    I have ordered my PSP with 6 or so games from a shop in Glasgow.

    Chap promises me I will have it on Tuesday, will let you know how I feel it
    compares to the DS. All I can at this early stage, it will need to pack one
    hell of a punch to rack up the hours my DS has.

    If your interested, I am paying £249.99 for the unit, and £39.99 per game.
    I have ordered the USA PSP and the following games:

    a.. Wipeout (US)
    b.. Metal Gear Acid (US)
    c.. Ridge Racer (US)
    d.. Ape Escape (US)
    e.. Lumines (US)
    f.. Mercury
    Apparently one or two of the games wont be with meon Tuesday.

    Gary.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Gary Whittle wrote:
    > If your interested, I am paying £249.99 for the unit, and £39.99 per game.
    > I have ordered the USA PSP and the following games:
    >
    > a.. Wipeout (US)
    > b.. Metal Gear Acid (US)
    > c.. Ridge Racer (US)
    > d.. Ape Escape (US)
    > e.. Lumines (US)
    > f.. Mercury
    > Apparently one or two of the games wont be with meon Tuesday.
    >
    > Gary.

    If my exchange info is right, you're spending around $900. Why not wait
    for the European release? Won't it be cheaper?

    --

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > If my exchange info is right, you're spending around $900. Why not wait
    > for the European release? Won't it be cheaper?

    I dont think there is a set date, and I hate waiting.

    Gary.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Eric" <ericmau001a@hotmail.remove.com> wrote in message

    > <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I purchased the DS when it first came out. I have to say that, as a
    >> controller, it is first rate/breakthrough. It holds so much potential
    >> to come out with some breakthrough games. Yoshi Touch and Go is
    >> interesting. I am still awaiting PunchOut and a decent Real-time
    >> Strategy title on it. The system screams for these. So far, I have
    >> for it: Mario 64, Mr. Driller, Asphalt: Urban GT, Warioware Touched,
    >> Yoshi Touch and Go, and Retro Atari. I have given the system a decent
    >> shot. I have been disappointed by the lack of releases for it. I will
    >> say on this:
    >> Mario 64 is great, Mr. Driller was fun for awhile, Asphalt is pretty
    >> good. Wario is good, if you want to use the touch screen. Yoshi is
    >> the best use of the touch screen thus far, and Retro Atari has its high
    >> and low points.
    >>
    >> Well, the PSP hit the stores today, and I fell for the buzz around it,
    >> and I picked out up during lunch. Well, that and Mercury which is due
    >> out for it. Got 4 titles with the PSP: Ridge Racer, Nightstalkers, Ape
    >> Escape, and Lumines (must have, also a drive to get the system title,
    >> as I am into puzzle games). These titles sold me on the system, when I
    >> got it. Finally got to play some. The screen is incredible (best
    >> ever), and the system's graphics rival the PS2 (the DS is like an
    >> N64-Dreamcast hybrid).
    >> Well, after work, I went and got Metal Gear Ac!d, Untold Legends
    >> (Diablo clone on the go, complete with random dungeons), and Twisted
    >> Metal. 7 titles. Ugh, most ever for a launch. Still need to get to
    >> play these tonight.
    >>
    >> At this moment, I am thinking of dumping the DS for store credit (Yoshi
    >> Touch and Go screams not to though). And the PSP is winning.
    >>
    >> If you read my posts, you see I am hardly a Sony fanboy (I dislike them
    >> with a vengance), and consider the DS more revolutionary, potentially,
    >> but the PSP has my interests now. Maybe this will change, but the PSP
    >> is winning big with me.
    >>
    >> Just my 2 cents to add the fanboy flamewar going on.
    >>
    >> - Richard Hutnik
    >
    > I'm planning on picking up PSP within a week or so, but still have high
    > expectations for the NDS. At the top of my "wish list" for the NDS is a
    > standard 802.11b capable web browser and email client. Such applications
    > would be a perfect fit for the DS, with it's two LCD's and touchscreen. I
    > want one handheld for both internet capability and game playing. As of
    > now,
    > I have to carry around both a PDA and the DS.

    There are some pretty good games availiable for the PDA, Warfare InC, Age of
    Empires, Street Duel racing, Shadowgate and Tomb Raider are all very good
    titles assuming you have a powerful enough PDA or Pocket PC. Definately
    visit this website www.pocketgear.com

    To stay more on topic, I have both the PSP and the DS. I got the PSP to play
    console quality games on a portable and the DS for its potential in the
    future. I am especially looking forward to an RTS game like Command &
    Conquer 64 and Age of Empires should be good (DS).

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "yleas" wrote in message

    > There are some pretty good games availiable for the PDA, Warfare InC, Age
    of
    > Empires, Street Duel racing, Shadowgate and Tomb Raider are all very good
    > titles assuming you have a powerful enough PDA or Pocket PC. Definately
    > visit this website www.pocketgear.com
    >
    > To stay more on topic, I have both the PSP and the DS. I got the PSP to
    play
    > console quality games on a portable and the DS for its potential in the
    > future. I am especially looking forward to an RTS game like Command &
    > Conquer 64 and Age of Empires should be good (DS).

    Yeah, there are some good PDA games out there. (I do have a PPC and a
    couple of them.) Personally, I just find PDAs to be clumsy platforms not
    only for gaming but pretty much for everything. Having had three PDAs now,
    I've given them their chance. I have my current PocketPC, a WinCE PDA
    before that, and a "pocket manager". Oddly, the device that I ended up
    finding the most use and enjoyment with was the "pocket manager" -- Casio
    BE-300. The BE-300 is extremely customizable with so much 'homebrew' stuff
    out there for it, such as eXpod. Its only $120, but there is software for
    it that enables it to do pretty much anything a PDA can. My main problem
    with all three is the screen. The vertically oddlong screens really aren't
    the most practical, for anything. The Nintendo DS, with it's two LCD's,
    would be a much better platform for software applications.

    Yeah, thats pretty much what I'm hoping for with the PSP as well. ("console
    quality"). I'm going to pick a PSP up Wednesday.

    Cheers!
    -Eric
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Jacob Oost respectfully sez...

    > I remember thinking the CD-i was pretty cool.
    > 7th Guest looked awesome on it, moreso than
    > the PC. It had "flash factor," for sure. Of
    > course, it had a lackluster library, which I
    > could also say for the PSP and DS.

    I had a 3DO many years past.
    The graphics were good, but you had to snap the CD into the drive. Once the
    CD fell and when I put it in, there was a defect that destroyed the game.
    The game basically reset everytime it hit the same exact spot.

    I like the DS because cartridge format should stay around. It is much easier
    to handle and less fragile than Sony's disc option. I read that dust can
    destroy a $50 PSP game and it can't be returned because dust is not covered
    under warranty.

    --
    I am the fish and I approve this message.
    ______________

    Eric sez...

    > I'm going to pick a PSP up Wednesday.

    I hope you don't mind dead pixels and the awful battery performance.
    I read that someone cleaned the screen with a cloth and now the screen has
    scratch marks.

    By the way, did you know that if dust manages to get on your PSP disc, it
    will be destroyed and is not covered under warranty?

    Just letting you know the risks before you buy it.

    If you do buy it, I wish you much luck with it. It seems like a very fragile
    unit.

    --
    I am the fish and I approve this message.
    ______________
    =====fish=====
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "fish" <i.am.such.a.fish@atlantic.ocean> wrote in message
    > Eric sez...
    >
    >> I'm going to pick a PSP up Wednesday.
    >
    > I hope you don't mind dead pixels and the awful battery performance.
    > I read that someone cleaned the screen with a cloth and now the screen has
    > scratch marks.
    >
    > By the way, did you know that if dust manages to get on your PSP disc, it
    > will be destroyed and is not covered under warranty?
    >
    > Just letting you know the risks before you buy it.
    >
    > If you do buy it, I wish you much luck with it. It seems like a very
    > fragile
    > unit.

    Man, you need to stop talking out of your ass.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >> To stay more on topic, I have both the PSP and the DS. I got the PSP to
    > play
    >> console quality games on a portable <SNIP>

    I am looking forward to my PSP on Tuesday, however many of the DS games I
    own are far better than many of my best "console games", and I own seven
    systems including the PS2, GC & Xbox. The DS is MORE than capable of
    "Console Quality". Saying that, I hear the PSP has the edge graphics wise.

    Gary.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    yleas wrote:
> [...]
    > > want one handheld for both internet capability and game playing.
    As of
    > > now,
    > > I have to carry around both a PDA and the DS.
    > >

    > There are some pretty good games availiable for the PDA, Warfare InC,
    Age of
    > Empires, Street Duel racing, Shadowgate and Tomb Raider are all very
    good
    > titles assuming you have a powerful enough PDA or Pocket PC.
    Definately
    > visit this website www.pocketgear.com
    >
    > To stay more on topic, I have both the PSP and the DS. I got the PSP
    to play
    > console quality games on a portable and the DS for its potential in
    the
    > future. I am especially looking forward to an RTS game like Command &

    > Conquer 64 and Age of Empires should be good (DS).

    I would like to hear about any RTS's in the works for the DS. That and
    hope for a punchout are why I got it.

    - Richard Hutnik
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Gary Whittle wrote:
    > >> To stay more on topic, I have both the PSP and the DS. I got the
    PSP to
    > > play
    > >> console quality games on a portable <SNIP>
    >

    > I am looking forward to my PSP on Tuesday, however many of the DS
    games I
    > own are far better than many of my best "console games", and I own
    seven
    > systems including the PS2, GC & Xbox. The DS is MORE than capable of

    > "Console Quality". Saying that, I hear the PSP has the edge graphics
    wise.

    > Gary.

    Gary WHAT top quality DS games do you know of? I have Mario64 and
    Yoshi Touch and Go being about it. Wario is gimmicky, and that is
    about it. Metroid is not out yet, and Feel the Magic might be
    something special, but I don't feel its magic.

    The DS has more capability of breakthrough titles though.

    - Richard Hutnik
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "yleas" wrote in message
    >
    >> There are some pretty good games availiable for the PDA, Warfare InC, Age
    > of
    >> Empires, Street Duel racing, Shadowgate and Tomb Raider are all very good
    >> titles assuming you have a powerful enough PDA or Pocket PC. Definately
    >> visit this website www.pocketgear.com
    >>
    >> To stay more on topic, I have both the PSP and the DS. I got the PSP to
    > play
    >> console quality games on a portable and the DS for its potential in the
    >> future. I am especially looking forward to an RTS game like Command &
    >> Conquer 64 and Age of Empires should be good (DS).
    >
    > Yeah, there are some good PDA games out there. (I do have a PPC and a
    > couple of them.) Personally, I just find PDAs to be clumsy platforms not
    > only for gaming but pretty much for everything. Having had three PDAs
    > now,
    > I've given them their chance. I have my current PocketPC, a WinCE PDA
    > before that, and a "pocket manager". Oddly, the device that I ended up
    > finding the most use and enjoyment with was the "pocket manager" -- Casio
    > BE-300. The BE-300 is extremely customizable with so much 'homebrew'
    > stuff
    > out there for it, such as eXpod. Its only $120, but there is software for
    > it that enables it to do pretty much anything a PDA can. My main problem
    > with all three is the screen. The vertically oddlong screens really
    > aren't
    > the most practical, for anything. The Nintendo DS, with it's two LCD's,
    > would be a much better platform for software applications.
    >
    > Yeah, thats pretty much what I'm hoping for with the PSP as well.
    > ("console
    > quality"). I'm going to pick a PSP up Wednesday.
    >
    > Cheers!
    > -Eric
    >

    >''Eric'', have you heard about this yet? http://www.oqo.com/

    It is literally a desktop PC in the palm of your hand running Windows XP (or
    whatever x86 OS u wish). Although it has its flaws and an expensive price
    tag I am extremely intrigued by this device.

    Yes I agree, the DS is perfectly suited to PDA type software, hopefully
    using its wifi to connect to hotspots for online activities. I wonder how
    this would work and where you could store downloaded data or files i.e an
    alternative to the SD storage usually found in PocketPC's. The PSP has
    potential in this area as well but the lack of touch screen is a
    disadvantage in that respect.

  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    fish wrote:
    > I had a 3DO many years past.
    > The graphics were good, but you had to snap the CD into the drive. Once the
    > CD fell and when I put it in, there was a defect that destroyed the game.
    > The game basically reset everytime it hit the same exact spot.

    The 3DO was a good system, with a library better than Jaguar but not as
    good as Saturn. It also had the most jaw-dropping graphics of the time.
    I remember being amazed by Road Rash on the 3DO. I seriously
    considered buying one for the M2 drive...which was sold to Matsushita
    when 3DO stopped making consoles. You know, I often wonder how much the
    GC and M2 were connected. Both systems used PPCs for the cpu, and
    according to some SGI guy (Zachary something) in 1996, SGI got a lot of
    new team members from the M2 team. And who developed the GC? A lot of
    people who left SGI after the N64 was developed, and Matsushita *was* a
    hardware partner.

    > I like the DS because cartridge format should stay around. It is much easier
    > to handle and less fragile than Sony's disc option. I read that dust can
    > destroy a $50 PSP game and it can't be returned because dust is not covered
    > under warranty.

    OTOH, Sony's Blu-Ray format seems to be able to withstand lots of abuse,
    like steel wool.

    --

  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Feel the Magic = More weak mini games. I like the graphical shell and
    "story" they wrapped around them though.

    - Jordan
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    On 3/27/05 8:33 AM, in article avz1e.26545$qN3.22479@trndny01, "fish"
    <i.am.such.a.fish@atlantic.ocean> wrote:

    > Eric sez...
    >
    >> I'm going to pick a PSP up Wednesday.
    >
    > I hope you don't mind dead pixels and the awful battery performance.
    > I read that someone cleaned the screen with a cloth and now the screen has
    > scratch marks.
    >
    > By the way, did you know that if dust manages to get on your PSP disc, it
    > will be destroyed and is not covered under warranty?
    >
    > Just letting you know the risks before you buy it.
    >
    > If you do buy it, I wish you much luck with it. It seems like a very fragile
    > unit.

    Did mommy and step-daddy feed you those excuses just so they don't have to
    buy you one?

    RickB
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    G, Yoshi is a throwback to old videogames, that the object was to score
    as many points as possible. It is a game that throws new play
    mechanics at you and challenges you to master them.

    - Richard Hutnik
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Jordan, Feel the Magic is a DS demo, with something remotely resembling
    a game attached to it.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "fish" <i.am.such.a.fish@atlantic.ocean> wrote in message
    > Eric sez...
    >
    >> I'm going to pick a PSP up Wednesday.
    >
    > I hope you don't mind dead pixels and the awful battery performance.
    > I read that someone cleaned the screen with a cloth and now the screen has
    > scratch marks.
    >
    > By the way, did you know that if dust manages to get on your PSP disc, it
    > will be destroyed and is not covered under warranty?
    >
    > Just letting you know the risks before you buy it.
    >
    > If you do buy it, I wish you much luck with it. It seems like a very
    > fragile
    > unit.

    Awe, how cute fishy wishy is.
    He almost sound sincere and not totally pissed off and jealous zealot.
    Don't cry or be scared whil man. Just get use to the fact that Sony will do
    in the handheld market what they have done in the console market, TAKE OVER
    and kick Nintendo's sorry ass all over the planet.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Jacob Oost wrote:
    >> However, the most decisive review I've read about PSP was by a lady
    >> named Kittyhawk. To paraphrase her already brief run down of the
    >> system, the PSP is beautiful and sleek and efficient. It also
    >> (apparently) breaks if you look at it the wrong way.
    >

    > What the heck does that mean? Is she saying it's another piece of
    > defective Sony hardware? (sleek and sexy in the store, three months
    > later it's in a package on its way to Sony customer service where it
    > will be ignored)

    Well, (according to Kitty), the screen scratches easily and the UMD
    drive is "dying to pop out." I'm not entirely sure what that means
    myself, but it doesn't sound good.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Jacob Oost wrote:
    > Yes but were there turds and urine in the bowl as well, or just water?
    > That's not a very thorough test.

    I think submerging an electronic device in water and sending it through
    a bunch of grimey pipes is bad enough, given the test subject. The fact
    that it still works at all is impressive to me. Adding fecal matter to
    the mix is unlikely to make things any worse.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Jordan, Feel the Magic is a DS demo, with something remotely resembling
    > a game attached to it.

    A tad harsh, its one of my fave DS games. Very good fun.

    G.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Jacob Oost wrote:
    >> Yes but were there turds and urine in the bowl as well, or just water?
    >> That's not a very thorough test.
    >
    > I think submerging an electronic device in water and sending it through a
    > bunch of grimey pipes is bad enough, given the test subject. The fact
    > that it still works at all is impressive to me. Adding fecal matter to
    > the mix is unlikely to make things any worse.

    Whoosh!
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Joe62 <NOSPAMjmcginn@shaw.ca> writes:
    > "AceoHearts" <bhoran@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > >The system and 7 games, you must have dropped $500 on it. It will be
    > >interesting to see what you think of the PSP after a few months.

    My thing with the PSP is that it is really competing with the PS2.

    The PSP looks great, but the kind of games I would want to play on it are
    easier if I sit on the couch in front of the TV, especially considering the
    money I have to put out for it.

    A portable system has to be different.

    In my mind, the GBA beats both the DS and the PSP.

    --
    Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
    The Rhythm has control.

    "Ray Blaak" <rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net> wrote in message
    > Joe62 <NOSPAMjmcginn@shaw.ca> writes:
    >> "AceoHearts" <bhoran@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >The system and 7 games, you must have dropped $500 on it. It will be
    >> >interesting to see what you think of the PSP after a few months.
    >
    > My thing with the PSP is that it is really competing with the PS2.
    >
    > The PSP looks great, but the kind of games I would want to play on it are
    > easier if I sit on the couch in front of the TV, especially considering
    > the
    > money I have to put out for it.
    >
    > A portable system has to be different.
    >
    > In my mind, the GBA beats both the DS and the PSP.

    So basically you prefer playing SNES games vs N64 or PS2 games?
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > > A portable system has to be different.
    > >
    > > In my mind, the GBA beats both the DS and the PSP.
    >
    > So basically you prefer playing SNES games vs N64 or PS2 games?

    Learn to actually read what people are saying, rectum. Also, stop putting
    words in peoples' mouths. I know you want to put something ELSE in their
    mouths and they aren't letting you, but that doesn't excuse you.

    --
    This post brought to you by Dammitol.
    Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,
    but we can help with the headache.
    ==============================
    The Eternal Lost Lurker
    (Shodaime Shirikage)
    www.lurkerdrome.com
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >> In my mind, the GBA beats both the DS and the PSP.

    Thats a bit of a silly statement, the DS is capable of playing GBA games, no
    issues.

    Gary.
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> writes:
    > "Ray Blaak" <rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net> wrote in message
    > > A portable system has to be different.
    > >
    > > In my mind, the GBA beats both the DS and the PSP.
    >
    > So basically you prefer playing SNES games vs N64 or PS2 games?

    No. I prefer my consoles as high end as possible.

    My point is that portables should not try to be consoles.

    GBA wins for me since it is robust, small enough to fit in a pocket, and its
    games tend to be simple enough to play anywhere: train, plane, bus, etc.

    --
    Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
    The Rhythm has control.
    Ray Blaak The Rhythm is inside me,
    rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net The Rhythm has my soul.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "G" <G@G.com> writes:
    > >> In my mind, the GBA beats both the DS and the PSP.
    > Thats a bit of a silly statement, the DS is capable of playing GBA games, no
    > issues.

    Yes. But the GBA has a more portble size, fitting nicely in a pocket.

    Don't get me wrong, the DS looks sweet, but until there is some irresistable
    game or app for the DS, the GBA is quite good enough for portable gaming.

    --
    Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
    The Rhythm has control.
    Ray Blaak The Rhythm is inside me,
    rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net The Rhythm has my soul.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Learn to [...]

    .... think? Or pick up some manners?

    He may have interpreted this in a different way than you do, but he does
    have a point. It all boilds down to taste and opinion in the end anyway,
    and this is not worth all this ruckus.

    Jammet
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Ray Blaak, try about 5 minutes of Lumines. That doesn't fit a couch
    game at all. The PSP has those, AND networking games that call for
    people to play against others with their own screen.

    - Richard Hutnik

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Video Games