Video editing capable laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 11, 2005 5:04:56 PM

Am in need of a laptop, desktop replacement basically, I guess, that can
be used in the field to transfer and edit video from a digital video
camera, namely a Panasonic AG-DVC30. Can anyone offer purchase advice?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 11, 2005 5:04:57 PM

"Airman QPD" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Am in need of a laptop, desktop replacement basically, I guess, that can
> be used in the field to transfer and edit video from a digital video
> camera, namely a Panasonic AG-DVC30. Can anyone offer purchase advice?

I think the main limiting factor in using a laptop for video editing these
days is hard drive capacity. You really do need a lot so buy the largest
capacity available (80 GB minimum). Not sure what the output (Firewire?) of
your camcorder is but make sure your laptop can handle it. Aim for 1 GB of
memory. Also a dvd writer if you plan to make dvd's. Also you may want an
external hard drive to hold raw video and projects that you want to keep
without filling up your laptop drive.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 13, 2005 12:28:26 PM

Airman QPD <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in news:I6WdneiBt_U5KU_fRVn-
pQ@netdoor.com:

> Am in need of a laptop, desktop replacement basically, I guess, that can
> be used in the field to transfer and edit video from a digital video
> camera, namely a Panasonic AG-DVC30. Can anyone offer purchase advice?

fast processor, USB2/Firewire port, external USB2/Firewire drive that is at
least 7200.... forget using the laptop drive.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 26, 2005 6:15:43 AM

"Good Man" <heyho@letsgo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Airman QPD <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in news:I6WdneiBt_U5KU_fRVn-
> pQ@netdoor.com:
>
>> Am in need of a laptop, desktop replacement basically, I guess, that can
>> be used in the field to transfer and edit video from a digital video
>> camera, namely a Panasonic AG-DVC30. Can anyone offer purchase advice?
>
> fast processor, USB2/Firewire port, external USB2/Firewire drive that is
> at
> least 7200.... forget using the laptop drive.

Even if the laptop is a 7200 RPM one?
!