ATI 4890 "Tiling" BRINK

willisbmitch

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I have been using my 4890 for a few years now and have never had any kind of weird effects, until I bought BRINK. I got all the settings adjusted and started playing, after playing for about 45 minutes I realized the in game graphics are pretty messy looking, then I realize "grout lines".....EVERYWHERE. I have seen some references to ATI 4 series having "Tiling effect". I can run every game at highest settings with the AA off or at lowest setting and never have any issues with frame rate, artifacts, or anything. This to me is something I haven't encountered before.

So after messing with settings, updating my card drivers to 11.5, adjusting stuff in CCC. Nothing. I was wondering if anyone knew of a fix or had any ideas. I had heard that VSYNC helps it but it isnt noticeable for me.

Once the "Grout-Lines" have been seen they cant be unseen. The game isn't playable like this for me. :pfff:

Any Ideas? Thanks a lot.

Intel Core 2Duo 3.0Ghz E8400
4gb ddr2 RAM
ATI Visiontek 4890
500w Cooler-master PSU
DFI Blood Iron MOBO
32" 720p LCD TV with DVI/HDMI cable

tartupets

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
If you are getting problems, then it is mostly due to the driver. I had a problem, where I had flickering, poor 2D resolution and choppy WMP video quality. Took driver sweeper, cleaned them amd display drivers and installed CCC 9.12.

All problem gone, maybe it could help you too...