Open mesh or drilled drive bay cover, black

dumpystig

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Does anyone have any of these? I'm after both 5.25" and 3.5", one of each and preferably from the same case/manufacturer so that they are matching. Or just a 5.25" one will do. The Lian Li BZ-501 or similar would be ideal. There's a small donation via PayPal if someone can help.

Oh, yeah - how the fk does one add an attachment in ones post???

As a last resort, you can try making your own. Use perforated sheet metal with the right holes and spacing.

I have done stuff like this by clamping it in a vise and then using a steel chisel to cut out pieces by chiseling. Then do seaming and forming, and finally painting flat black (or semi flat).

dumpystig

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Haha, yeah, I sort of didn't log that on!

DEFINITELY as a last resort.

But I do like the look of the one you linked, just registered and tried to go through the order process but can't get past the shipping stage, so I don't know how much it would cost to send a 4 dollar item to the UK - almost guarantee it will be much more than the cost of the cover...

You got that right mate!
The CM store will ship me a $25 part from the US to Canada for just over $21 lol!

dumpystig

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Yeah cheers guys, that's the product but ones in the US and the other is x4 when I only want 1. when you think of it this spares/extras/replacements malarkey is a bit of a con - we either get ripped with the item price, ripped with the postage, or sometimes both.
TBH I thought I would have had loads of offers, there must bre plenty of people with original cases that have installed fans/controllers etc. in their spare bays.

Anyone else in the UK want one of 4 of these covers? ;-)