My new pc build only powers up sometimes

thinkwebb

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
My new pc build works normally, I installed 7 pro 64 bit, I installed all the latest drivers for everything and it all works well except most of the time nothing happens when I hit the power button to turn it on. No led's, nothing. After a number of times pushing it 4 or 25 it will start and power up, run normally again.

I unplugged the power switch connector from the motherboard and switched it with the reset switch, result was nothing still, however when I plugged them back in to where they go and hit the power button she fired right up and ran normal. I shut it down after a while confident it was just a bad connection but when I tried to power it up again later, same crap, nothing. I pushed it several times and it fired up again the same as before.

P.S. I don't know if it is related but it's also not keeping time yet even though it is set to sync with the internet it falls behind everyday.

My hardware monitor shows all the voltage readings to be normal while she's up and running.

PC info
Asrock H55-LE
i3 540
G. Skill 8gb
80 gb velociraptor boot drive
PSU
Logisys 575W 20+4-pin Dual-Fan ATX Power Supply
w/SATA, PCIe, SLI-Ready & Radiation Filter

thinkwebb

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
RESOLVED
The problem was a short in the motherboard because I did not know to screw in stand-away's or stand-offs in the case prior to mounting the motherboard. Though no one had the sac to answer my post I thought I would add this information because it could help another first time :bounce: buiLder like myself. PEACE