Sign in with
Your question

A good MoBo

Last response: in Motherboards
July 12, 2012 7:06:41 PM

What good motherboards are there for about £120 Max that supports at least 16gb RAM for future, full size atx, all connections for possible Xfire and OCing CPU

More about : good mobo

a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 8:54:51 PM

That describes most affordable Intel Z68/Z77 motherboards and probably most AMD motherboards. You'll have to choose whether or not you want to use an AMD CPU or a Intel CPU and before you do that, you'd be better off if you make sure that you choose a CPU that is optimal for your purposes.
July 13, 2012 3:18:23 PM

OC'able Intel CPU
Related resources
July 13, 2012 3:18:28 PM

Hopefully Ivy Bridge
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2012 9:06:51 PM

Well, then a motherboard based on the Z77 chipset is probably your best option. How far do you intend to overclock? Regular Intel i5s and i7s can overclock by up to about 25%, so if you want to go farther, you need to buy a somewhat more expensive K edition i5 or i7 for a more major overclock. If Crossfire is being considered, then I have to assume that this is intended to be a gaming rig. I live in the USA, so you'd have to give me a link or two to online sites that sell motherboards in your country so that I can make a few recommendations.

Assuming that it is a gaming rig, what resolution do you intend to play at and are 3D and/or 120Hz gaming under consideration?

I'd say that the i5-3570K is your best bet for a CPU if this is a purely gaming rig, but if you will also do more intensive and highly threaded work, then a more expensive i7-3770K might be considerable for that work, granted it won't be faster than an i5 for gaming workloads.
July 14, 2012 9:49:09 AM

it is gaming, and i aren't going majorly overboard with overclocking or price so will try to hit 3.9ghz+ i am in UK and i don't ming any reputable websites like overclockers uk, scan, amazon etc.
July 14, 2012 9:49:30 AM

no 3D and only one monitor ofr the time being
July 14, 2012 2:56:05 PM

The best featurefilled motherboard out there is the Asrock z77 extreme 4 (and extreme 6 if you want a little more)

But if youll have a hard time finding an asrock mobo...
Go for Msi z77 mobos which are quite good in terms of value and have an excellent featureset (but is not as good as asrocks features @give price)
July 14, 2012 4:50:45 PM

Thank you so much that is perfect
a b V Motherboard
July 14, 2012 5:57:25 PM

I'll agree on those board choices.
July 15, 2012 6:00:05 AM

You're Welcome B)

........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....(:.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:¯""\;.;.;.;.;.,"
....\",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/\
.....\.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:\
.......\,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::\
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::\
...................\::::::::::::::::::::::\

--
August 4, 2012 5:58:32 AM

Please select a "best answer" o.o please. :) 
!