Sign in with
Your question

DRAM is Not Functioning

Last response: in Motherboards
July 12, 2012 7:28:15 PM

I am in the process of building a computer. When I insert the RAM into the Motherboard which is a Asus P8Z77-V LE, it indicates that the RAM is not functional.I believe that it is because the BIOS does not support my current RAM. How do i update my Motherboard using a USB Drive? I preferably use a Mac, but i do have Windows, just only use it for games.

More about : dram functioning

a c 468 V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 8:15:51 PM

MPEG said:
I am in the process of building a computer. When I insert the RAM into the Motherboard which is a Asus P8Z77-V LE, it indicates that the RAM is not functional.I believe that it is because the BIOS does not support my current RAM. How do i update my Motherboard using a USB Drive? I preferably use a Mac, but i do have Windows, just only use it for games.

your mb has a usb flash back like mine...to use is make a usb stick formated to fat 32. if it formated to fat 32. download the bios file 0510 for your mb then rename it to P8Z77VLE.CAP per asus usb flashback renaming. plug the usb into the flashback port and push the flash back button. when it runnng right the usb flashback port will blink..the speed of the blinks will change the nthe port will turn off. then download 0512 and do the same thing then the 0513 bios..with the last bios installed turn try starting the mb. if it works with the ram the ram led should go out and the asus splash should come up..go into the bios..hit f5 save the bios to default settings then reboot..then go back into the bios and under ai settings turn on xmp setting to get the max speed of your ram and reboot. you should then be able to install windows and have no issues.
m
l
July 12, 2012 9:32:54 PM

I installed all of the motherboard updates, yet my RAM is still not functional.
m
l
Related resources
a c 195 V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 9:50:30 PM

What is the RAM you are trying to use? Very doubtful a BIOS update will make nonfunctional RAM suddenly work.
m
l
July 12, 2012 10:40:59 PM

I tried Corsair Vengeance RAM, at first then it did not work, so I returned it and am currently using GSKILL Ripjaw X. Both were 8gb
m
l
a c 195 V Motherboard
July 12, 2012 11:50:24 PM

RAM specs? With a Z77 board you are using a Sandy or Ivy Bridge CPU. Have both sets of RAM been 1.5v DDR3 1600 or less?

Have you tried one stick at a time? Have you tried different RAM slots?

No matter what speed you bought it will probably default to DDR3 1333.

If you have tried all those things you have a bad motherboard.
m
l
July 13, 2012 12:12:56 AM

I am using a Ivy Bridge. They are under 1.5 v. And the speed is 1333 MHZ
m
l
a c 195 V Motherboard
July 13, 2012 12:30:30 AM

Could you be specific? Under 1.5v? What the 1.35v stuff? Just list the kit numbers if you don't know. Did you try everything else I listed? If so you have a bad motherboard.
m
l
a c 468 V Motherboard
July 13, 2012 2:45:00 AM

is the ram red led on hard??? what does the system do if you press the ram ok button??? have you tried the mb outside the case so it not shorting out???
m
l
!