DELL Inspiron 8000 screen display sometimes red and dull

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 12, 2005 6:43:14 PM

DELL Inspiron 8000 the screen display sometimes (not often) becomes
red and dull just as if it is switched from bright mode to red and
dull mode and sometimes it just goes dull without the red tint.

If I reboot it goes back to normal! Anyone have any suggestions as to
the cause ?

Do I need to change the back light tubes?

Thank you for your help.

Peter Colins
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 12, 2005 6:43:15 PM

Peter Colins wrote:
> DELL Inspiron 8000 the screen display sometimes (not often) becomes
> red and dull just as if it is switched from bright mode to red and
> dull mode and sometimes it just goes dull without the red tint.
>
> If I reboot it goes back to normal! Anyone have any suggestions as to
> the cause ?
>
> Do I need to change the back light tubes?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Peter Colins

Either the backlight tubes or the inverter board. The same thing
started happening to my Inspiron 8100 and after a few weeks the display
backlight completely went out and wouldn't turn back on (except for a
couple seconds here and there). I got a new (used) screen on eBay and
just installed it.

-Gniewko
!