Which is better for gaming?

FX-8150

Or

i5 2500k

Right now I have my i5 OC @ 4.5ghz

I haven't heard much on the bulldozer series. :o
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which gaming
  1. Stick with what you have. An overclocked FX-8150 will still have a hard time competing against a stock speed Core i5-2500k.
  2. jaguarskx said:
    Stick with what you have. An overclocked FX-8150 will still have a hard time competing against a stock speed Core i5-2500k.

Really? I saw somewhere stock speed on the 8150 was @ 3.6.

My i5 came @ 3.3

Is there anything better out there? or is that the grand total of AMD's bulldozer line?
  3. Are you seriously asking which is better for gaming or just trying to start another AMD vs Intel thread? If you know how to overclock your i5 to 4.5ghz, and bother to post something in this forum, then you probably know already.
  4. JJLD said:
    Are you seriously asking which is better for gaming or just trying to start another AMD vs Intel thread? If you know how to overclock your i5 to 4.5ghz, and bother to post something in this forum, then you probably know already.

No I am seriously asking, because like I said, I've read almost nothing on the new line from AMD.

I could.... go out and read some articles, but I am far too lazy for that right now.

So I am asking here.

I claim ignorance. I'm not trolling. :wahoo:
  5. My advice is to keep your money.

If you want to waste it on a useless "upgrade" then go ahead. I'm not stopping you.
  6. If you got i5 2500k, I probably would not consider anything AMD for 2 years. I will probably skip Ivy Bridge as well. You are set for 2 years lol.
  7. Sweet, thanks.
  8. Best answer
    The I5 you got is faster in gaming than anything AMD has released to date!
  9. Best answer selected by -Sylvan.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming Bulldozer Intel i5