Asus sabertooth Z77 "thermal armor"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForYourHealth

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131821

The thermal armor is that plastic case that covers most of the mobo.

Is it known to cause any performance problems? Does it keep any part of the mobo from cooling properly? Is it all aesthetic?

The ASUS website says... "This wrap-around frame shields your critical components from external damage and reduces internal heat."

I'm just wondering if that's true, or if its a gimmick and will end up hurting me.

Solution
i have that mb...the dust covers are nice..most heat on a mb it the digi power on the mb..the chipsets and the cpu...the small fans if set right do keep the chipset cooler..you have to set the fan right or you hear them....stock speed is 4000 rpm :) little lawnmowers....the fan on the top of the mb some people cant install it with some 2 card set ups. downside of the board...drop a screw and it goes under the plastic shield..i seen some people on rog have to take the shield off to get a dropped screw out.
If you retain the plastic shielding around the mobo and add the little fans that it comes with, Asus claims it helps. Is it marketing hype? Possibly but it is most certainly not going cause heating issues if configured as Asus recommends. I personally like the dust covering aspect of the board

i have that mb...the dust covers are nice..most heat on a mb it the digi power on the mb..the chipsets and the cpu...the small fans if set right do keep the chipset cooler..you have to set the fan right or you hear them....stock speed is 4000 rpm :) little lawnmowers....the fan on the top of the mb some people cant install it with some 2 card set ups. downside of the board...drop a screw and it goes under the plastic shield..i seen some people on rog have to take the shield off to get a dropped screw out.

Solution

ForYourHealth

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

And these fans come with it if you purchase the board, right?

EDIT:
Also, will it keep me from fitting any other components on like a CPU heat sink? (CM hyper 212 EVO)

Status
Not open for further replies.