Unable to run shift, shift 2 and mafia 2

hi there
im unable to run nfs shift series and mafia 2 on my pc, i have upgraded my graphics card( catalyst 11.5)
my specs:

Intel core 2 quad q9550
4 gb ram
msi hawk hd 5770 ati graphics
500 hdd

in shift 1 and 2 im able to run game but when i start career game closes saying: occured a problem and it needs to be closed
Any help will be really appreciated, thanks..
8 answers Last reply
More about unable shift shift mafia
  1. Check the memory for problems.Other than that, does this problem only occur with these games?
  2. Did you have this issue before you upgraded and what did you upgrade from?

If you upgraded from a Nvidia card then you will have to run driversweeper to get rid of all the Nvidia junk left behind when the drivers been uninstalled. That may cause a few errors.
  3. Did you purchase the games, or download cracked versions?
  4. ^This might also be another possible reason.
  5. marney_5 said:
    Did you have this issue before you upgraded and what did you upgrade from?

If you upgraded from a Nvidia card then you will have to run driversweeper to get rid of all the Nvidia junk left behind when the drivers been uninstalled. That may cause a few errors.

If he did go from Nvidia to ATI/AMD, it's very important that he leave the Nvidia PhysX drivers installed. If they are remove, any games using a PhysX engine will not work and give an error, which could be his current problem.
  6. yes, im able to run nfs hot pursuit, fifa 11, dirt 2 and gta iv smoothly without any problems..
  7. i have installed nvidia physx aswell
  8. sorry not mentioning, im using windows 7 64 bit
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics