Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Base thaco

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 11:58:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jaheira's thaco has gone haywire; it's over 20 due to a bug.
Jaheira is currently at F13/D13 and through shadowkeeper
I gave her a base thaco of 6 which is what Anomen (F7/C22)
currently has, but I'd like to get the actual thaco back if possible.

I tried creating a new game and then bumping her experience up
with shadowkeeper to the level of my current game but it didn't
affect the base thaco.

So, does anyone know what the base thaco of a F13/D13 should be?

And also, if I change it through shadowkeeper will subsequent level-
ups affect thaco as they would have had there had been no glitch?

More about : base thaco

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 4:26:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message news:<AB20d.6166$nC5.4386@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> So, does anyone know what the base thaco of a F13/D13 should be?

She only gains THAC0 from her fighter levels so her base THAC0 would be 8.

-Echon


In progress: The Fields of the Dead
http://echon.cyg.dk/bgmod
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:50:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Echon" <echon@mail.dk> wrote in message
news:5b5eddc7.0409092326.11a0e49e@posting.google.com...
> "kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message
news:<AB20d.6166$nC5.4386@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> > So, does anyone know what the base thaco of a F13/D13 should be?
>
> She only gains THAC0 from her fighter levels so her base THAC0 would be 8.

Thanks.
I thought it would be a bit better than Anomen's.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 6:45:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

The THAC0 for F13/D13 should be 8. Level-ups should be fine after you fix
it.

Guru

"kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message
news:AB20d.6166$nC5.4386@fe1.texas.rr.com...
> Jaheira's thaco has gone haywire; it's over 20 due to a bug.
> Jaheira is currently at F13/D13 and through shadowkeeper
> I gave her a base thaco of 6 which is what Anomen (F7/C22)
> currently has, but I'd like to get the actual thaco back if possible.
>
> I tried creating a new game and then bumping her experience up
> with shadowkeeper to the level of my current game but it didn't
> affect the base thaco.
>
> So, does anyone know what the base thaco of a F13/D13 should be?
>
> And also, if I change it through shadowkeeper will subsequent level-
> ups affect thaco as they would have had there had been no glitch?
>
>
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 6:07:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

kevin wrote:
> Jaheira's thaco has gone haywire; it's over 20 due to a bug.

Is it a bug, or did she get blinded somehow?


Graeme Dice
--
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that Dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children
the dragons can be killed."
-- G K Chesterson
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 5:44:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Graeme Dice" <grdice@sasktel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
news:mED0d.389361$gE.210687@pd7tw3no...

> Is it a bug, or did she get blinded somehow?

Both.

Faldorn blinded her with Nature's Beauty. I removed
the blindness with a Heal that she had memorized (area
around Jaheira became visible, she was now able to
cast spells from a distance etc.) but her thaco remained
set at something over 20. I've also tried Cure Disease,
Remove Curse, resting, and going to a temple but none
of these things did anything.

so...Shadowkeeper.

It's strange through that despite setting her base thaco to
8 through shadowkeeper it shows up in-game as being 7
- ah well, I'll give myself a 1-point bonus to thaco as a
reward for having to deal with this, as Cernd might
describe it, regrettable situation.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 5:59:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

kevin wrote:
> "Graeme Dice" <grdice@sasktel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> news:mED0d.389361$gE.210687@pd7tw3no...
>
>
>>Is it a bug, or did she get blinded somehow?
>
>
> Both.
>
> Faldorn blinded her with Nature's Beauty. I removed
> the blindness with a Heal that she had memorized (area
> around Jaheira became visible, she was now able to
> cast spells from a distance etc.) but her thaco remained
> set at something over 20. I've also tried Cure Disease,
> Remove Curse, resting, and going to a temple but none
> of these things did anything.

Did dispel have any effect?

Graeme Dice
--
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that Dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children
the dragons can be killed."
-- G K Chesterson
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 6:22:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Graeme Dice" <grdice@sasktel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
news:I3O0d.379165$M95.322485@pd7tw1no...
> kevin wrote:
> > "Graeme Dice" <grdice@sasktel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> > news:mED0d.389361$gE.210687@pd7tw3no...
> >
> >
> >>Is it a bug, or did she get blinded somehow?
> >
> >
> > Both.
> >
> > Faldorn blinded her with Nature's Beauty. I removed
> > the blindness with a Heal that she had memorized (area
> > around Jaheira became visible, she was now able to
> > cast spells from a distance etc.) but her thaco remained
> > set at something over 20. I've also tried Cure Disease,
> > Remove Curse, resting, and going to a temple but none
> > of these things did anything.
>
> Did dispel have any effect?

No, it didn't. I forgot to mention I tried that too.
Of course, dispel is based on caster level, and
since I only tried it a few times... bah, a character
who isn't blinded shouldn't have a thaco above 20.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 9:18:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

>No, it didn't. I forgot to mention I tried that too.
>Of course, dispel is based on caster level, and
>since I only tried it a few times... bah, a character
>who isn't blinded shouldn't have a thaco above 20.

Despite the description for Dispel magic its effects in all its forms remove
magic wizard dispel magic, clerical dispel magic and the inquisitor dispel
magic are the same and do not vary by level at all. All have a 100% chance of
sucess every time. Of course remove magic only affects enemies but that is the
only differnce. They all work 100% of the time and do not very by level at
all. In fact the spell descriptions for several spells are not accurate at
all. The only way to know what they really do is by looking at the spell with
Near Infinity.

I realize that many people think Dispel magic varies by level and it does in
pen and paper games however it does not in any of the infinity engine games at
all. It never did and it never will.

Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

KING HENRY V
We would have all such offenders so cut off: and we give express charge, that
in our marches through the country, there be nothing compelled from the
villages, nothing taken but paid for, none of the French upbraided or abused in
disdainful language; for when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the
gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

HENRY V Act 3 Scene 6 William Shakespeare

BATES
Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know enough, if we know we are
the kings subjects: if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the
crime of it out of us

WILLIAMS
But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;' some
swearing, some crying for a surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left. I am
afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they charitably
dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument? Now, if these men do not
die well, it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it; whom to
disobey were against all proportion of subjection.

HENRY V Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 11:11:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

MPrilla wrote:
>>No, it didn't. I forgot to mention I tried that too.
>>Of course, dispel is based on caster level, and
>>since I only tried it a few times... bah, a character
>>who isn't blinded shouldn't have a thaco above 20.
>
>
> Despite the description for Dispel magic its effects in all its forms remove
> magic wizard dispel magic, clerical dispel magic and the inquisitor dispel
> magic are the same and do not vary by level at all. All have a 100% chance of
> sucess every time. Of course remove magic only affects enemies but that is the
> only differnce. They all work 100% of the time and do not very by level at
> all. In fact the spell descriptions for several spells are not accurate at
> all. The only way to know what they really do is by looking at the spell with
> Near Infinity.

No, the only way to realize what they really do is to talk to experts,
such as Westley Weimer. He, of course, knows that it's a special opcode
that is handled internally.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=&selm=a5khb6%242qgu%2...

Dispel magic is a special case, because it's not enough to use the
normal spell-casting code, that looks at which level the caster has
only. You also have to look at the opposing caster.

Graeme Dice
--
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that Dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children
the dragons can be killed."
-- G K Chesterson
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:46:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

>No, the only way to realize what they really do is to talk to experts,
>such as Westley Weimer. He, of course, knows that it's a special opcode
>that is handled internally.
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=&selm=a5khb6%242qgu%2...
y.edu&rnum=1
>
>Dispel magic is a special case, because it's not enough to use the
>normal spell-casting code, that looks at which level the caster has
>only. You also have to look at the opposing caster.
>
>Graeme Dice

I have seen that and it is plain and simply mistaken. Dispel magic works 100%
of the time and caster level and target level never matters at all. It should
because the pen and paper game wants it to. However such a thing was never
implemented in the infinity engine games. I have never ever seen dispel magic
fail when playing the game when it could be effective. I defy anyone to say
they have seen it fail when it could be effective. Now it doesn't dispel
everything but what it can dispel it always does.


>--
>"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
>Children already know that Dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children
>the dragons can be killed."
>-- G K Chesterson
>
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:58:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

>No, the only way to realize what they really do is to talk to experts,
>such as Westley Weimer. He, of course, knows that it's a special opcode
>that is handled internally.
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=&selm=a5khb6%242qgu%2...
y.edu&rnum=1
>
>Dispel magic is a special case, because it's not enough to use the
>normal spell-casting code, that looks at which level the caster has
>only. You also have to look at the opposing caster.
>
>Graeme Dice

His post indicates that dispel magic will effect a lich a creature imune to 5th
level and lower spells. I know that happens and it has nothing to do with what
you or he are thinking. To put it simply all debuffing spells breach, dispel
magic, remove magic, secret word etc all work on liches and others imune to
spell levels. What he said is also not what you think either. He did not say
that dispel magic varies by level. In fact he said it was suprisingly
effective and that is what I said. I said it works 100% of the time and I
stand by that it also as do all debuffers work on creatures that are imune to
its level of spell to debuff them. Now it won't remove perment effects on a
lich but if that lich cast buffing up spells it will dispel them.

I fully expect that others will now chime in here and say that breach doesn't
work on liches however it does and I have used it effectivly on them in the
game. It just seems less effective on them since so many of the liches
defences are perment and won't be debuffed. However any regulaar buffing
spells a lich uses can be debuffed by any debuffing spell

Now I realize that people think dispel magic varies by your level and the
targets level because the spell description says it does and they belive that
the inquisitor's dispel magic is special but the truth is they are all the same
and all equally powerful.

Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

KING HENRY V
We would have all such offenders so cut off: and we give express charge, that
in our marches through the country, there be nothing compelled from the
villages, nothing taken but paid for, none of the French upbraided or abused in
disdainful language; for when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the
gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

HENRY V Act 3 Scene 6 William Shakespeare

BATES
Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know enough, if we know we are
the kings subjects: if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the
crime of it out of us

WILLIAMS
But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;' some
swearing, some crying for a surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left. I am
afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they charitably
dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument? Now, if these men do not
die well, it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it; whom to
disobey were against all proportion of subjection.

HENRY V Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 2:16:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"MPrilla" <mprilla@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040912114626.20060.00002162@mb-m25.aol.com...
> I have seen that and it is plain and simply mistaken. Dispel magic works
100%
> of the time and caster level and target level never matters at all. It
should
> because the pen and paper game wants it to. However such a thing was
never
> implemented in the infinity engine games. I have never ever seen dispel
magic
> fail when playing the game when it could be effective. I defy anyone to
say
> they have seen it fail when it could be effective. Now it doesn't dispel
> everything but what it can dispel it always does.

Here's a test I did:

1. Removed all MR items from all characters.

2.Anomen(lvl 23) cast Pro from Evil, Resist Fear, and Chaotic
Commands on everyone in the group other than Jaheira(lvl13)
who had cast Chaotic Commands on herself.

3. Jaheira cast Dispel Magic.

Result: the only spell protection that was removed was Chaotic
Commands on Jaheira.

5. Anomen cast Dispel Magic

Result:
no protections were dispelled from my character
all protections were dispelled from Minsc
no additional protections were dispelled from Jaheira
no protections were dispelled from Kelsey
all protections were dispelled from Imoen
all protections were dispelled from Anomen

Perhaps this is due to some mod - I don't know, but
Dispel Magic is not 100% successful in my game.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 3:29:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

>Here's a test I did:
>
>1. Removed all MR items from all characters.
>
>2.Anomen(lvl 23) cast Pro from Evil, Resist Fear, and Chaotic
>Commands on everyone in the group other than Jaheira(lvl13)
>who had cast Chaotic Commands on herself.
>
>3. Jaheira cast Dispel Magic.
>
>Result: the only spell protection that was removed was Chaotic
>Commands on Jaheira.
>
>5. Anomen cast Dispel Magic
>
>Result:
>no protections were dispelled from my character
>all protections were dispelled from Minsc
>no additional protections were dispelled from Jaheira
>no protections were dispelled from Kelsey
>all protections were dispelled from Imoen
>all protections were dispelled from Anomen
>
>Perhaps this is due to some mod - I don't know, but
>Dispel Magic is not 100% successful in my game.
>
>

First off you are not a reliable person since you well HATE me so forgive me
and everyone else for NOT Beliving you at all.

Second I have played the game over and over again and dispel magic never fails
it is always 100% sucessful and neither the caster nor the recipeints level
ever mattered to me.

Third it is highly likely that you rigged the test or did it wrong and did not
target the person with the spell dispel magic or otherwise willingly or
unwillingly screwed it up that is if you did the test at all. Since you are a
known liar and Mike hater I question if you did this test at all. Since I have
NEVER ever seen dispel magic fail to work in any of its forms.

Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

KING HENRY V
We would have all such offenders so cut off: and we give express charge, that
in our marches through the country, there be nothing compelled from the
villages, nothing taken but paid for, none of the French upbraided or abused in
disdainful language; for when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the
gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

HENRY V Act 3 Scene 6 William Shakespeare

BATES
Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know enough, if we know we are
the kings subjects: if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the
crime of it out of us

WILLIAMS
But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;' some
swearing, some crying for a surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left. I am
afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they charitably
dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument? Now, if these men do not
die well, it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it; whom to
disobey were against all proportion of subjection.

HENRY V Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare
September 13, 2004 4:45:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"MPrilla" <mprilla@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040912192915.27025.00000641@mb-m13.aol.com...
> First off you are not a reliable person since you well HATE me so forgive
me
> and everyone else for NOT Beliving you at all.

I've never seen kevin contribute to the threads in question.

> Second I have played the game over and over again and dispel magic never
fails
> it is always 100% sucessful and neither the caster nor the recipeints
level
> ever mattered to me.

I don't recall it failing, for what it is worth.

PM
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 6:44:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

PM wrote:
> "MPrilla" <mprilla@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:20040912192915.27025.00000641@mb-m13.aol.com...
>
>>First off you are not a reliable person since you well HATE me so forgive
>
> me
>
>>and everyone else for NOT Beliving you at all.
>
>
> I've never seen kevin contribute to the threads in question.
>
>
>>Second I have played the game over and over again and dispel magic never
>
> fails
>
>>it is always 100% sucessful and neither the caster nor the recipeints
>
> level
>
>>ever mattered to me.
>
>
> I don't recall it failing, for what it is worth.

It's failed quite often in my games. For the record. In case anyone
thinks Prilla might be right.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 7:31:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

>> First off you are not a reliable person since you well HATE me so forgive
>me
>> and everyone else for NOT Beliving you at all.
>
>I've never seen kevin contribute to the threads in question.

He has you were too busy flaming me to notice but he has. In any event he is
quite clearly wrong anyone who has played the game knows dispel magic never
fails and anyone who has looked at the spells via near infinity or IEEP or any
other program knows it is set to work 100% of the time period. There is no
complex kung fu to the dispel magic spells in the infinity engine games.

>
>> Second I have played the game over and over again and dispel magic never
>fails
>> it is always 100% sucessful and neither the caster nor the recipeints
>level
>> ever mattered to me.
>
>I don't recall it failing, for what it is worth.

Of course you don't because it works every time all the time. Dispel magic in
all its forms never fails. They all say it has a vodoo your level vs the
targets level because the spell description says it does and because if you
play the game pen n paper it would. But the truth of the matter is they never
implimented that in any of the Infininity engine games. Nothing I can see in
any of the dispel magic spells using Near Infinity or IEEP or any other program
indicates that at all and I have never seen it fail when playing the game.
That is how I know he is full of it. It never fails. And since you HATE me
and have little reason to lie about me being right I think we can all ignore
that person from now on for being the liar he is. This isn't a hate Mike issue
its just the way those spells work and nothing is gained by lying to everyone
about what I said. Its not even about my scripts or anything like that either
so he is just a jerk.

Dispel magic never fails it works 100% of the time all the time. It does have
an area effect and if you are out of its blast area you won't be hit but then
we all knew that. It doesn't dispel every possible effect of course but if it
can dispel an effect it will.

And by the way the reason it kills Nishuruu and Harshars is their script says
if those spells are cast on me kill self.

But here is a tip for you though they share the same script Nishuruus and
harshars they both don't check for inquisitor dispel magic being cast on them
just clerical and mage dispel magic so you can't kill them with the other
versions.

Not unless you use my superscripts which correct that error and omission.

And you all thought I didn't fix things for the better.

In any event its not the spell itself that kills those monsters its their
script decting those spells. Corrected to include them all if you use my
superscripts.

See here from the original script

IF
OR(3)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],CLERIC_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Kill(Myself)
END

And here from mine using a corrected spell.ids and adding the other dispel
magic spells.

IF
OR(10)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC)
// this is wizard true dispel magic corrected in my spell.ids file
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],INQUIS_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],INNATE_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],CLERIC_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastOnMe([ANYONE],WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],INNATE_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],INQUIS_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCastPriest([ANYONE],CLERIC_DISPEL_MAGIC)
SpellCast([ANYONE],WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC)
SpellCast([ANYONE],WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Kill(Myself)
END

Trust me when I tell you that my way will eliminate unwanted nishuruu's and
harshars's faster and better. And its not cheating its just correcting an
error the designers made.

Thus without my superscripts inquisitor dispel magic is actually less useful
than the other forms since it won't eliminate those two enemies like it should.
And you all though inquisitor dispel magic was better than the other forms.
Wrong its the same or worse than the others since without using my superscripts
it can't even eliminate nishuruus and harshars.

I always find it funny when people claim inquisitor dispel magic works better
than the other versions. Especially when those people making that claim are
not using my superscripts and therefor can't use it to eliminate nisuruus and
harshars.

>
>PM
>

Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

KING HENRY V
We would have all such offenders so cut off: and we give express charge, that
in our marches through the country, there be nothing compelled from the
villages, nothing taken but paid for, none of the French upbraided or abused in
disdainful language; for when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the
gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

HENRY V Act 3 Scene 6 William Shakespeare

BATES
Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know enough, if we know we are
the kings subjects: if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the
crime of it out of us

WILLIAMS
But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;' some
swearing, some crying for a surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left. I am
afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they charitably
dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument? Now, if these men do not
die well, it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it; whom to
disobey were against all proportion of subjection.

HENRY V Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare
September 13, 2004 4:08:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:5Q71d.19612$KQ2.11377@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> PM wrote:
> > "MPrilla" <mprilla@aol.com> wrote in message
> > news:20040912192915.27025.00000641@mb-m13.aol.com...
> >
> >>First off you are not a reliable person since you well HATE me so
forgive
> >
> > me
> >
> >>and everyone else for NOT Beliving you at all.
> >
> >
> > I've never seen kevin contribute to the threads in question.
> >
> >
> >>Second I have played the game over and over again and dispel magic never
> >
> > fails
> >
> >>it is always 100% sucessful and neither the caster nor the recipeints
> >
> > level
> >
> >>ever mattered to me.
> >
> >
> > I don't recall it failing, for what it is worth.
>
> It's failed quite often in my games. For the record. In case anyone
> thinks Prilla might be right.

MPrilla is a lot things, but being right isn't one of them.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 7:31:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

MPrilla wrote:

> He has you were too busy flaming me to notice but he has. In any event he is
> quite clearly wrong anyone who has played the game knows dispel magic never
> fails and anyone who has looked at the spells via near infinity or IEEP or any
> other program knows it is set to work 100% of the time period. There is no
> complex kung fu to the dispel magic spells in the infinity engine games.

You won't find multiple extension headers for different levels if you
look in IEEP or NI, because it's not done the same way as other spells.
The effect is hardcoded into the engine to work in that way. On the
other hand, there is, it appears, a flag which allows the
level-dependency to be turned on or off in the effect. Examining opcode
#58 in NI will reveal this parameter.

> And by the way the reason it kills Nishuruu and Harshars is their script says
> if those spells are cast on me kill self.

Bioware implement the death of Nishruus and Hakeshars in a rather odd
way. Yes, they kill them by script, but a rather more sensible way to
have done it would be to use an IDS targetted "Slay" effect in the SPL
file. There's already something of this nature built into the spell to
destroy illusionary creatures, but for some reason, both of the above
creatures are marked as "summoned" rather than "illusionary".

> Trust me when I tell you that my way will eliminate unwanted nishuruu's and
> harshars's faster and better. And its not cheating its just correcting an
> error the designers made.

Bioware appear to have omitted something from the scripting there, yes.
However, you're using SpellCast instead of SpellCastOnMe, which means
that the creature in question just has to detect the spell being cast
while its script is running, rather than being hit by it.

- Sim
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 10:05:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

>It's failed quite often in my games. For the record. In case anyone
>thinks Prilla might be right.

No it didn't fail in your games. You are wrong an idiot or a liar. Dispel
magic works 100% of the time always the level of your caster and the level of
the target are not taken into account ever. What can make it seem like it
fails is if you try to dispel something it can't or won't dispel and that would
be because you KISH are an idiot but we all knew that. Or if you use it on say
a target with high magic resistance. Or if you think that it will remove
perment effects on a creature or from an imunity item it carries. It will
however work 100% of the time when it can work. We all know this and you Kish
are a liar and a MIKE HATER. You are stupid as well.

Look at any of the dispel magic spells using Near Infinity nothing in those
spells varies by level at all. That alone proves you are a stupid liar.

Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

KING HENRY V
We would have all such offenders so cut off: and we give express charge, that
in our marches through the country, there be nothing compelled from the
villages, nothing taken but paid for, none of the French upbraided or abused in
disdainful language; for when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the
gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

HENRY V Act 3 Scene 6 William Shakespeare

BATES
Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know enough, if we know we are
the kings subjects: if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the
crime of it out of us

WILLIAMS
But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;' some
swearing, some crying for a surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left. I am
afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they charitably
dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument? Now, if these men do not
die well, it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it; whom to
disobey were against all proportion of subjection.

HENRY V Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare
September 13, 2004 10:12:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:5Q71d.19612$KQ2.11377@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> > PM wrote:
> > I don't recall it failing, for what it is worth.
>
> It's failed quite often in my games. For the record. In case anyone
> thinks Prilla might be right.

Should have tried it before posting...thanks for clarifying that.

PM
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 6:11:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

>You won't find multiple extension headers for different levels if you
>look in IEEP or NI, because it's not done the same way as other spells.

Its not there because dispel magic in all its forms is not variable by level
thats why.

>The effect is hardcoded into the engine to work in that way.

No it isn't you are making that up because you think it should be. But its
not.

On the
>other hand, there is, it appears, a flag which allows the
>level-dependency to be turned on or off in the effect. Examining opcode
>#58 in NI will reveal this parameter.

Blah Blah Blah. It doesn't depend on level the various dispel magic spells
never fail they work 100% of the time your imaginary hardcoding is a figment of
your imagination. Get real already.


>
>> And by the way the reason it kills Nishuruu and Harshars is their script
>says
>> if those spells are cast on me kill self.
>
>Bioware implement the death of Nishruus and Hakeshars in a rather odd
>way. Yes, they kill them by script, but a rather more sensible way to
>have done it would be to use an IDS targetted "Slay" effect in the SPL
>file. There's already something of this nature built into the spell to
>destroy illusionary creatures, but for some reason, both of the above
>creatures are marked as "summoned" rather than "illusionary".

That's because they are summoned and should be summoned and not illusionary.
They are real summons only clones from the various clone spells are
illusionary. you should know that but well you don't know much do you Sim?

>
>> Trust me when I tell you that my way will eliminate unwanted nishuruu's and
>> harshars's faster and better. And its not cheating its just correcting an
>> error the designers made.
>
>Bioware appear to have omitted something from the scripting there, yes.
>However, you're using SpellCast instead of SpellCastOnMe, which means
>that the creature in question just has to detect the spell being cast
>while its script is running, rather than being hit by it.

And you can't read I posted my code and I use both spellcast and spellcastonme
for that matter I also use spellcastinnate and spellcastpriest but then you
CAN'T script or read. We already knew that. Run away to teambg Sim. Oh, you
can't they are gone for good. Then run away to The Big Picture. Oh, you can't
they are gone for good too. I guess you have no home to haunt and pester
people at. Then just run away you newbie.

>
>- Sim
>

There is no imaginary special hardcoding for dispel magic give it up you
newbie. Its just another spell and it has a 100% chance of sucess you Newbie.


Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

KING HENRY V
We would have all such offenders so cut off: and we give express charge, that
in our marches through the country, there be nothing compelled from the
villages, nothing taken but paid for, none of the French upbraided or abused in
disdainful language; for when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the
gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

HENRY V Act 3 Scene 6 William Shakespeare

BATES
Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know enough, if we know we are
the kings subjects: if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the
crime of it out of us

WILLIAMS
But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;' some
swearing, some crying for a surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left. I am
afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they charitably
dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument? Now, if these men do not
die well, it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it; whom to
disobey were against all proportion of subjection.

HENRY V Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 11:05:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

MPrilla wrote:

> And you can't read I posted my code and I use both spellcast and spellcastonme
> for that matter I also use spellcastinnate and spellcastpriest but then you
> CAN'T script or read. We already knew that. Run away to teambg Sim. Oh, you
> can't they are gone for good. Then run away to The Big Picture. Oh, you can't
> they are gone for good too. I guess you have no home to haunt and pester
> people at. Then just run away you newbie.

You're using an OR block. You do understand how those work, don't you?
Look at the code again.

- Sim
!