Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus M2N and OCZ SSD

Last response: in Motherboards
July 13, 2012 12:52:47 AM

I have an older motherboard (Asus m2n32 sli http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...). I would like to get a SSD (OCZ VTX3-25SAT3) for it. The motherboard supports 3 GB/s and the SSD is 6 GB/s, but is compatible with 3 GB/s. Will the 3 GB/s be a huge bottleneck performance wise? Would it be worth it to upgrade to a SSD if I was willing to pay the money? Thanks in advance

More about : asus m2n ocz ssd

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 416 V Motherboard
July 14, 2012 12:48:47 AM

The only way you'd notice it being a bottle neck, would be if you had it on a SATAIII connection first and moved to a SATAII. It will be an improvement on a mechanical HDD even on SATAII, for sure. And you can always move it to a new build with SATAIII when you upgrade.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 125 V Motherboard
July 14, 2012 4:51:29 AM

Agree with Clutch. It will be a big improvement as is, even in SATAII mode. Later, when you upgrade to a MB that has SATAIII, you'll be able to take advantage of that as well.
Score
Related resources
July 23, 2012 6:48:14 PM

Best answer selected by jeh5256.
Score
July 23, 2012 6:50:46 PM

clutchc said:
The only way you'd notice it being a bottle neck, would be if you had it on a SATAIII connection first and moved to a SATAII. It will be an improvement on a mechanical HDD even on SATAII, for sure. And you can always move it to a new build with SATAIII when you upgrade.

Thanks for the info, clutchc! I do plan to upgrade to SATA III eventally. School is sucking up all my money at the moment.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 416 V Motherboard
July 23, 2012 7:11:20 PM

jeh5256 said:
Thanks for the info, clutchc! I do plan to upgrade to SATA III eventally. School is sucking up all my money at the moment.

A better investment to 'suck up' all your money, I can't think of. ;) 
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
July 25, 2012 3:20:04 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!