Well, it does have 75% for 5 star rating (Excellent) and 16% 4 star rating (Good) for a total favorable rating from 91% percent of owners.
What exactly do you mean by "quality"?
Here is my rather lengthy review of the Asus VK246H which is the same as the VW246H, but it includes a built-in webcam. The first post in that thread talks about my low expectations of a TN panel monitor.
I am curious about this as well, I'm getting a similar model, but LED backlight.
LED (or WLED) backlight tends to make colors slightly bluish on some monitors this is because blue LEDs with a yellow phosphorus coating is used to imitate white. Sometimes it's good enough to look white, sometimes not.
I was set on purchasing this, but watching this video slightly put me off, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJAbdzPZtk
basically at :40 he talks about some brightness differences. If its a good monitor is, and the guy in the video is just an elitest, then ill get it.
Based on the video, the issue is backlight bleed which is generally a fairly common issue for all LCD monitors. My VK246H does not have backlight bleed on the left side. It looks perfectly normal. However, it does have to dot's of bleeding at the bottom which was only noticeable in Fallout 3. My VK246H also has very, very slight bleed at center top edge of the monitor (maybe 2" wide) that's only slightly noticeable in a dark room with a black screen.
Let me restate, it is a fairly common issue. More common on inexpensive monitors than expensive monitors from my experience.
The post of that video is not an elitist; he is merely pointing out the obvious. While the poster stated the Samsung colors look brighter, I seems a bit too bright for my taste. It's hard to tell due to the video, but the brightness kills some of the gaseous details around the star that is more easily noticeable on the Asus.
I am an elitist since the Asus VK246H was the 1st ever monitor that I spent less than $700 on. While I only use it between 4 - 6 hours nowadays, I am considering replacing it a higher quality H-IPS panel monitor like the two on my desktop.