Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Dual Graphics Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2011 2:19:42 AM

So I have one 6850 hd 1gb, on a m4a77t/usb3 motherboard, it isnt crossfire ready or whatever the deal is with that, and a 700w xtreme gear psu, if I wanted to buy another one, would it be worth it? and would I have enough power to run it? also can I even do that? lol I have never had a graphics sli'd so im sort of new

More about : dual graphics cards

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 2:33:51 AM

Well, if you can't do CF, then you can't put another in. Also, SLi is different than CF. SLi is Nvida, CF is AMD/ATi. Sorry, if you had a CF ready motherboard, you could.
a c 273 U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 6:06:52 PM

So how many monitors do you have? [:mousemonkey]
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 6:08:11 PM

Mousemonkey said:
So how many monitors do you have? [:mousemonkey]

Just a question, why does that matter, he can't crossfire anyway.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 6:10:30 PM

HostileDonut said:
Just a question, why does that matter, he can't crossfire anyway.

Deathsagaxx said:
sli is a little pointless if ur not using multiple monitors imo, for peets sake, thats like saying a six core cpu is great for games, when some of the high powered games dont even use more than 4, its smarter to wait for the 600 series like helltech said, bc then u can upgrade it further as in "sli" make it a 3-4 year pc after u waited rather than 2

Score
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 6:18:07 PM

Ahhh, I see what you mean. Just wondering. But, if he needed more horsepower, why not? Although, he can't anyway.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 6:29:14 PM

HostileDonut said:
Ahhh, I see what you mean. Just wondering. But, if he needed more horsepower, why not? Although, he can't anyway.

I don't have a problem with people who want or wonder about a dual card setup be it SLi or Crossfire but I do take issue with those who are quick to spout uneducated opinions in one thread and then go on to post another thread proving they know nothing. :pfff: 
Score
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 6:43:44 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I don't have a problem with people who want or wonder about a dual card setup be it SLi or Crossfire but I do take issue with those who are quick to spout uneducated opinions in one thread and then go on to post another thread proving they know nothing. :pfff: 

Oh, I didn't even notice he was the one who said it. Wow... That is pretty stupid. If he thinks he knows anything about it, and is helping people, he should know that he can't even do it because he doesn't even have 2 PCIe slots. :pfff:  FAIL!
Score
May 13, 2011 10:33:13 PM

Mousemonkey said:

lol no my good sir, my uncle works for dell, and has worked for amd in the past, I received the "educated" answer and or statement from him, so judging that he builds computers and tests them for a living, I would trust his opinion over anyone here, considering the fact he has been doing it since he was 16 and he is currently 54, anyway, apart from the nonsense, I could simply ask him but I dont like to bother since I ask to many as it is, a simple "no" you cant run it because you arnt cf ready, would of sufficed, but thanks anyway
Score
May 13, 2011 10:33:57 PM

Best answer selected by Deathsagaxx.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 10:37:20 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!