Sign in with
Your question

PC won't boot up after installation of GPU!! HELP?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2011 5:28:21 AM

Recently, I just brought a new graphic card ( geforce 9600 gso 768 mb DDR2 PCI-E ) for my computer. However, after I installed the driver for it, my screen was having vertical red broken lines at the startup and unable to boot ( blue screens and restart itself ).
Is this right order to install a graphic card? :
First I uninstall my on-board driver from device manager. Then I shut down my computer and install the graphic card onto my motherboard. I boot up my computer and install the driver. The computer is asked to be restart and I did. Ever since that, red vertical broken lines appear and unable to boot up.

Can anyone tell what the issue is?

More about : boot installation gpu

a c 153 U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 8:09:55 AM

What drivers did you install? Is the card new or used? What power supply do you have?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 3:52:24 PM

werewolf16 said:

First I uninstall my on-board driver from device manager.

Generally, no need to do that. But it cannot hurt.

The first thing I would do is try the video card in another computer just to make sure that it is good. If the computer that you can try the card in already has an nVidia card, you should not need to mess with the video drivers on that computer.
m
l
Related resources
May 13, 2011 10:25:40 PM

Helltech said:
What drivers did you install? Is the card new or used? What power supply do you have?

I installed the driver from the cd that comes along with the gpu. The card is brand new. I have a 500 watt OCZ StealthXStream2 80 PLUS power supply. On the box, it states the GPU just needs 350 Watt power supply.
m
l
a c 153 U Graphics card
May 13, 2011 11:27:30 PM

You don't want to use the cd that game with the GPU, use the latest drivers from the Nvidia website.
m
l
!