What's slowing me down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akiraQ

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Hey guys

So Im wondering what part of my system is limiting my gaming (Gamecube Emulator).

1) my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5770)

2) my ram (4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws)

Should I get another 5770 or more ram? I know what my wallet would like :).

Thanks!
--
Q

Solution
Yeah that CPU is fine. It has to be the settings in the emulator you are using. Head over to a tech support forums for the emulator you have chosen, you will get more help there. It isn't your hardware. Its a software problem.

akiraQ

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
-AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.8GHz (not currently overclocked because Im lazy)

-ASUS M4A89GTD PRO

-Zalman CNPS9700LED Heatsink.

Sorry for the inadequate provision of my specs, I hope it's enough to give you an idea.

Helltech

Distinguished
Yeah that CPU is fine. It has to be the settings in the emulator you are using. Head over to a tech support forums for the emulator you have chosen, you will get more help there. It isn't your hardware. Its a software problem.

Solution

akiraQ

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Mmmkay, so maybe Im just too ambitious with my settings, hah. I want the graphics to run pretty high and I hate low frame rate so I might just have to crossfire with another 5770.

Ill still take your advice though, thank you!

Hit the forums first before you CF. I have a buddy that runs game-ex and every emulator known to man kind with an ATI 3450. He's just now upgrading his main rig to a 560ti and he's moving his 5770 to his media center system running the emulators.

The 5770 should be almost overkill for the emulator. Unless you run high end dx11 games on that rig, you'll be wasting $$$ going CF.

Also, from what he's told me about it, you need to clock your CPU to 3.0ghz or greater ad the emulators are CPU intensive. You should easily hit 3.4ghz without breaking a sweat...

Status
Not open for further replies.