THE PC vs. CONSOLE WAR: PC\'s are LOSING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp231

Splendid
Both have pros and cons

PC:
Pros: Nice graphics, bleeding edge technology, modding
Cons: You have to pay a lot of $$$ to achieve that, compatibility, patches, will it run?

Consoles:
Pros: No need to worry about, will this game work?
Cons: Graphics technology are usually older than PC, but I can't say it's true for
PC because we have so many console ports.

we1shcake

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

i agree, i tend to find my casual gamer friends own consoles, and the hardcore players have all started moving to pc

i'd use a pc for the customization and upgrade options alone.
consoles have games and softwares highly optimized for them. but that is still not enough to use a pc (for example: sony's psn outage). console graphics become dated quickly. and you can't add linux or ssds to a console :(.

Way back in 2006-2007 or around that time, there were many games released for PS, Xbox only. By then people started saying the PC gaming would come to a halt in next 4-5 years. I even watched a show called Gamer TV where a Game developer said a lot of things that made sense in a way, that why PC games would stop in future. I was a bit heartbroken when i heard his interview. But thankfully in the last two years PC gaming is back and is doing quite well.

Two of the points he mentioned:
1. PC game development is difficult than consoles. Coz different people, different configs and a whole lot of things to be taken into consideration. On the other hand, 1000 people would own the same PS or Xbox. So you are coding for only one thing.

2. Piracy... and he pointed out this to be a major detrimental factor is manufacturers unwilling to invest in PC games. They invested millions of dollars only to find that the returns are very minimal.

For the users:
PC upgrades can run into a lot of money. Games evolve so even the PC have to evolve with time. Consoles last for years. Heck when was PS2 released?? Its still around!

Thank god, PC gaming is still around and doing well.

G

Consoles last for years?Tell that to the xbox360.PCs can last too.I keep around a PC from 1998 and it still can play games and do work.Sure it can't play current games but so can't the PS2,Atari and all of the other "lasting" consoles.Keep in mine I can always upgrade this ancient PC and it will outperform any console.

cjcj11

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2012

on a desktop here with hd 4000 i can play 1080p on bf3 a little choppy (not if i overclock), and i can play 1600x900 smoothly on low witch still blows away a console, i believe games like bf3 and cod run at either 600p or 720p native with the up scaled menus and such . anyway you just need a cheap pc to begin with that u use for other pc related stuff, then you can put in say 70 dollars in a self suficient graphics card and destroy a console anyway 70 dollars in newer gen technology vs 7 year old technology

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

PC's are a generation ahead of consoles. pcs have better graphics and frames per second. xbox 360 and ps3 dont play there games at 60 fps, they play them at 30-45 fps, also consoles have there games set on medium settings where pcs have games running on high and ultra settings much more clearer graphics on pc. xbox 360 only has a 3 core processor and medicore a mediocre graphics card. PC is flat out better and one step ahead of consoles. the only problem with pcs is that alot of games for them dont support controllers... when you play call of duty black ops you can either use a pc controller which is similar to the ps3 controller, or you can use the mouse and keyboard. the mouse has pin point precision aiming over the controller so i find myself ALWAYS dieing in call of duty games because i use the controller over the mouse and keyboard. pcs suck for fairness. all the games on pc should be controller supported but alot of them are not. world of warcraft and diablo games use the mouse and keyboard which i understand why, but call of duty games and games like that should allllllll use the controller. its just to cheap when playing an online games and u dont have as fast a reflex with someone cheating useing the mouse and keyboard.

cjcj11

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2012

how is using a mouse cheating? just because you prefer to dumb down to using controllers for pc first person shooters doesnt mean everyone else is cheating. you're just making it harder for yourself and complaining that other people are using the norm for pc gaming

D

Deleted member 362816

console $100-$300

They do not often have issues with playing the games that are designed on them. They are also allot cheaper then a gaming pc.

cjcj11

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2012

this is one thing that bugs me, when people say gaming pcs are a lot more money. as long as you already have a desktop computer that isn't absolue garbage which in this day and age you can pick up one for about 300 dollars. and again, most people already have one. you spend about 125 dollars on a radeon 7770 and a molex to pci express cable and voila, you have a budget gaming pc that will destroy consoles. why spend more for parts that you already have (such as processor, memory, motherboard, which then has limitations of a console)

D

Deleted member 362816

Sadly most people buy laptops and tablets. The desktop pc is sadly dying. fast. With the next gen console coming out in 1-2 years i will move over to them. I like to play games on max settings on the pc and hell yes they look better then the ps3 or 260 but i spend $1000+ on these pcs. In my mind getting sick of spending the money. Also on the consoles you can resell the games I know you dont get much but we really cant sell ours

Status
Not open for further replies.