Good lookign DS Shooter...

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Check out the video

http://ds.ign.com/objects/697/697509.html
11 answers Last reply
More about good lookign shooter
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "G" <G@G.com> schreef in bericht
    > Check out the video
    >
    > http://ds.ign.com/objects/697/697509.html

    Yep, looks cool; I guess Wipeout has some competition =P.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    OMG, it's not a puzzle game! ** faints **

    "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
    > Check out the video
    >
    > http://ds.ign.com/objects/697/697509.html

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
    > OMG, it's not a puzzle game! ** faints **
    >
    > "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
    >> Check out the video
    >>
    >> http://ds.ign.com/objects/697/697509.html

    What about:

    Animal Crossing DS
    Mario Kart DS
    Metroid Prime: Hunters
    New Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario 64x4
    Warioware Inc. DS
    Megaman Battle Network
    Viewtiful Joe DS
    Dynasty Warriors
    Boktai
    Castlevania
    Sonic DS (working title)
    Project Rub
    Secret of Mana
    Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
    Dragon Quest Monsters
    Egg Monster Heroes
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
    Naruto
    Asphalt GT
    Rayman

    Do they qualify for not being a puzzle game?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    yes, but 98% of those aren't out yet.

    "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

    > "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
    >> OMG, it's not a puzzle game! ** faints **
    >>
    >> "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
    >>> Check out the video
    >>>
    >>> http://ds.ign.com/objects/697/697509.html
    >>>

    > What about:
    >
    > Animal Crossing DS
    > Mario Kart DS
    > Metroid Prime: Hunters
    > New Super Mario Bros.
    > Super Mario 64x4
    > Warioware Inc. DS
    > Megaman Battle Network
    > Viewtiful Joe DS
    > Dynasty Warriors
    > Boktai
    > Castlevania
    > Sonic DS (working title)
    > Project Rub
    > Secret of Mana
    > Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
    > Dragon Quest Monsters
    > Egg Monster Heroes
    > Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
    > Naruto
    > Asphalt GT
    > Rayman
    >
    > Do they qualify for not being a puzzle game?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > yes, but 98% of those aren't out yet.
    >
    > "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
    >>> OMG, it's not a puzzle game! ** faints **
    >>>
    >>> "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message

    >> What about:
    >>
    >> Animal Crossing DS
    >> Mario Kart DS
    >> Metroid Prime: Hunters
    >> New Super Mario Bros.
    >> Super Mario 64x4
    >> Warioware Inc. DS
    >> Megaman Battle Network
    >> Viewtiful Joe DS
    >> Dynasty Warriors
    >> Boktai
    >> Castlevania
    >> Sonic DS (working title)
    >> Project Rub
    >> Secret of Mana
    >> Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
    >> Dragon Quest Monsters
    >> Egg Monster Heroes
    >> Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
    >> Naruto
    >> Asphalt GT
    >> Rayman
    >>
    >> Do they qualify for not being a puzzle game?

    1. Don't post on top
    2. You tell me how many puzzle games are out for the DS
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    1) WTF is "posting on top"? All I did was respond to a post
    2) Puzzle games: Polarium, Zoo Keeper , Pac-Pix , Yoshi Touch & Go ,
    WarioWare: Touched , Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

    > "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
    >> yes, but 98% of those aren't out yet.
    >>
    >> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht

    >>> What about:
    >>>
    >>> Animal Crossing DS
    >>> Mario Kart DS
    >>> Metroid Prime: Hunters
    >>> New Super Mario Bros.
    >>> Super Mario 64x4
    >>> Warioware Inc. DS
    >>> Megaman Battle Network
    >>> Viewtiful Joe DS
    >>> Dynasty Warriors
    >>> Boktai
    >>> Castlevania
    >>> Sonic DS (working title)
    >>> Project Rub
    >>> Secret of Mana
    >>> Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
    >>> Dragon Quest Monsters
    >>> Egg Monster Heroes
    >>> Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
    >>> Naruto
    >>> Asphalt GT
    >>> Rayman
    >>>
    >>> Do they qualify for not being a puzzle game?
    >>>

    > 1. Don't post on top
    > 2. You tell me how many puzzle games are out for the DS

    begin 666 spacer.gif
    K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
    `
    end
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    sardu wrote:

    > 1) WTF is "posting on top"? All I did was respond to a post
    > 2) Puzzle games: Polarium, Zoo Keeper , Pac-Pix , Yoshi Touch &
    > Go , WarioWare: Touched , Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

    "Posting on top", or as it's more commonly known: "Top posting" is what you
    just did, and I - for example - did not. It's common practice to use manners
    when conversing, and putting your replies *after* the quote you're replying
    to is considered good manners.

    Unfortunately both Outlook Express and Google's GMail get it the wrong way
    round, and put your cursor at the top of the message, thus encouraging you
    to just type away and hit "send" without putting any thought in. Fortunately
    though, it only takes a second or two to move to the bottom (or wherever is
    appropriate) and type there instead.

    Many, many people get very annoyed at this "top posting" behaviour. The
    person who you replied to posted correctly - at the end. You replied at the
    top, and anyone wanting to see what you replied to would have had to scroll
    all the way down to the bottom - which is another point:

    Quoting. In general, you should only include enough of the previous message
    to get a context of what you're talking about. Both you (and the poster you
    replied) to failed to snip the larger amount of now-irrelevant text, which
    forces you to scroll through a lot of dross to get to the meat of the
    message. Had you bottom-posted as you should, you'd still have to scroll due
    to the large amount on unnecessary text you didn't snip out.

    The exchange should have looked something like this:

    "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

    > 1. Don't post on top
    > 2. You tell me how many puzzle games are out for the DS

    1) WTF is "posting on top"? All I did was respond to a post
    2) Puzzle games: Polarium, Zoo Keeper , Pac-Pix , Yoshi Touch & Go ,
    WarioWare: Touched , Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

    You can see that because the message has been properly snipped, you don't
    need to scroll through. And your reply now makes sense - his questions
    appear *before* your answers, as they would do in a real conversation.

    This means that anyone coming along to the thread anew would be able to pick
    up the gist of what's going on with little difficulty, whereas with no
    snipping and "top posting" you can quickly become lost. Although many people
    do find top-posting to be annoying, the people who do it tend to believe
    that it doesn't matter - mostly because *they* know what they're on about.
    These sorts of people don't think of others.

    So decide which you want to be - do you want to top post? do you want to
    trim your quotes or not? do you want to bottom post? If you choose to snip
    correctly and bottom post, you'll not get flamed for it. If you top-post and
    don't snip, then you'll likely find that wherever you go someone will whine
    at you.

    I don't advocate either way for *you* - I have my preferences and stick to
    them (even though I use OE), but I wouldn't want to force them on anyone
    else. However, the excuse for not sticking to the "etiquette" that has been
    established since UseNet was born - simply because your choice of newsreader
    encourages you to ignore those guidelines - is no excuse at all really.

    Now watch as this sparks off another top vs bottom posting argument :-)

    D.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    > on about. These sorts of people don't think of others.
    >
    > So decide which you want to be - do you want to top post? do you want to
    > trim your quotes or not? do you want to bottom post? If you choose to snip
    > correctly and bottom post, you'll not get flamed for it. If you top-post
    > and don't snip, then you'll likely find that wherever you go someone will
    > whine at you.
    >
    > I don't advocate either way for *you* - I have my preferences and stick to
    > them (even though I use OE), but I wouldn't want to force them on anyone
    > else. However, the excuse for not sticking to the "etiquette" that has
    > been established since UseNet was born - simply because your choice of
    > newsreader encourages you to ignore those guidelines - is no excuse at all
    > really.
    >
    > Now watch as this sparks off another top vs bottom posting argument :-)

    Ok thanks =)

    (Like this?)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    sardu wrote:

    > "Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    >> Quoting. In general, you should only include enough of the previous
    >> message to get a context of what you're talking about.

    > Ok thanks =)

    > (Like this?)

    Almost :)

    You didn't need to quote my entire reply - just a couple of lines so others
    can see what you're replying to and why.

    Not everyone uses Outlook Express, and because of that the replies can show
    up a long way from the original post - Outlook threads conversations
    together in a treeview, but AFAIK it's the only newsreader that does except
    GoogleGroups (and yes, they're the two most broken newsreaders there are).
    Mind you, when a newsreader does that then there's even *less* of a reason
    to quote an entire message!

    D.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    On 2005-04-08 16:43:15 -0500, "Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> said:

> [...]
    > know what they're on about. These sorts of people don't think of others.
    >
    > So decide which you want to be - do you want to top post? do you want
    > to trim your quotes or not? do you want to bottom post? If you choose
    > to snip correctly and bottom post, you'll not get flamed for it. If you
    > top-post and don't snip, then you'll likely find that wherever you go
    > someone will whine at you.
    >
    > I don't advocate either way for *you* - I have my preferences and stick
    > to them (even though I use OE), but I wouldn't want to force them on
    > anyone else. However, the excuse for not sticking to the "etiquette"
    > that has been established since UseNet was born - simply because your
    > choice of newsreader encourages you to ignore those guidelines - is no
    > excuse at all really.
    >
    > Now watch as this sparks off another top vs bottom posting argument :-)

    Gee, thanks.

    --
    House of Sprouts says, "Keep it simple, keep it fresh."
    http://www.houseofsprouts.com/

    "Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> writes:
    > Outlook threads conversations
    > together in a treeview, but AFAIK it's the only newsreader that does except
    > GoogleGroups (and yes, they're the two most broken newsreaders there are).

    Many newsreaders do this. The one I'm using, Gnus, certainly does (and
    of course is far less broken than Outlook).

    -Miles
    --
    "I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
    --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research

Console Gaming Video Gameboy Games Gamecube Nintendo Video Games