Good lookign DS Shooter...

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
> OMG, it's not a puzzle game! ** faints **
>
> "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
>> Check out the video
>>
>> http://ds.ign.com/objects/697/697509.html

What about:

Animal Crossing DS
Mario Kart DS
Metroid Prime: Hunters
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64x4
Warioware Inc. DS
Megaman Battle Network
Viewtiful Joe DS
Dynasty Warriors
Boktai
Castlevania
Sonic DS (working title)
Project Rub
Secret of Mana
Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest Monsters
Egg Monster Heroes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
Naruto
Asphalt GT
Rayman

Do they qualify for not being a puzzle game?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

yes, but 98% of those aren't out yet.

> yes, but 98% of those aren't out yet.
>
> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
>>> OMG, it's not a puzzle game! ** faints **
>>>
>>> "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message

>> What about:
>>
>> Animal Crossing DS
>> Mario Kart DS
>> Metroid Prime: Hunters
>> New Super Mario Bros.
>> Super Mario 64x4
>> Warioware Inc. DS
>> Megaman Battle Network
>> Viewtiful Joe DS
>> Dynasty Warriors
>> Boktai
>> Castlevania
>> Sonic DS (working title)
>> Project Rub
>> Secret of Mana
>> Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
>> Dragon Quest Monsters
>> Egg Monster Heroes
>> Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
>> Naruto
>> Asphalt GT
>> Rayman
>>
>> Do they qualify for not being a puzzle game?

1. Don't post on top
2. You tell me how many puzzle games are out for the DS

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

1) WTF is "posting on top"? All I did was respond to a post
2) Puzzle games: Polarium, Zoo Keeper , Pac-Pix , Yoshi Touch & Go ,
WarioWare: Touched , Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

> "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
>> yes, but 98% of those aren't out yet.
>>
>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht

>>> What about:
>>>
>>> Animal Crossing DS
>>> Mario Kart DS
>>> Metroid Prime: Hunters
>>> New Super Mario Bros.
>>> Super Mario 64x4
>>> Warioware Inc. DS
>>> Megaman Battle Network
>>> Viewtiful Joe DS
>>> Dynasty Warriors
>>> Boktai
>>> Castlevania
>>> Sonic DS (working title)
>>> Project Rub
>>> Secret of Mana
>>> Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
>>> Dragon Quest Monsters
>>> Egg Monster Heroes
>>> Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
>>> Naruto
>>> Asphalt GT
>>> Rayman
>>>
>>> Do they qualify for not being a puzzle game?
>>>

> 1. Don't post on top
> 2. You tell me how many puzzle games are out for the DS

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end

sardu wrote:

> 1) WTF is "posting on top"? All I did was respond to a post
> 2) Puzzle games: Polarium, Zoo Keeper , Pac-Pix , Yoshi Touch &
> Go , WarioWare: Touched , Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

"Posting on top", or as it's more commonly known: "Top posting" is what you
just did, and I - for example - did not. It's common practice to use manners
when conversing, and putting your replies *after* the quote you're replying
to is considered good manners.

Unfortunately both Outlook Express and Google's GMail get it the wrong way
round, and put your cursor at the top of the message, thus encouraging you
to just type away and hit "send" without putting any thought in. Fortunately
though, it only takes a second or two to move to the bottom (or wherever is
appropriate) and type there instead.

Many, many people get very annoyed at this "top posting" behaviour. The
person who you replied to posted correctly - at the end. You replied at the
top, and anyone wanting to see what you replied to would have had to scroll
all the way down to the bottom - which is another point:

Quoting. In general, you should only include enough of the previous message
to get a context of what you're talking about. Both you (and the poster you
replied) to failed to snip the larger amount of now-irrelevant text, which
forces you to scroll through a lot of dross to get to the meat of the
message. Had you bottom-posted as you should, you'd still have to scroll due
to the large amount on unnecessary text you didn't snip out.

The exchange should have looked something like this:

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

> 1. Don't post on top
> 2. You tell me how many puzzle games are out for the DS

1) WTF is "posting on top"? All I did was respond to a post
2) Puzzle games: Polarium, Zoo Keeper , Pac-Pix , Yoshi Touch & Go ,
WarioWare: Touched , Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

You can see that because the message has been properly snipped, you don't
need to scroll through. And your reply now makes sense - his questions
appear *before* your answers, as they would do in a real conversation.

This means that anyone coming along to the thread anew would be able to pick
up the gist of what's going on with little difficulty, whereas with no
snipping and "top posting" you can quickly become lost. Although many people
do find top-posting to be annoying, the people who do it tend to believe
that it doesn't matter - mostly because *they* know what they're on about.
These sorts of people don't think of others.

So decide which you want to be - do you want to top post? do you want to
trim your quotes or not? do you want to bottom post? If you choose to snip
correctly and bottom post, you'll not get flamed for it. If you top-post and
don't snip, then you'll likely find that wherever you go someone will whine
at you.

I don't advocate either way for *you* - I have my preferences and stick to
them (even though I use OE), but I wouldn't want to force them on anyone
else. However, the excuse for not sticking to the "etiquette" that has been
established since UseNet was born - simply because your choice of newsreader
encourages you to ignore those guidelines - is no excuse at all really.

Now watch as this sparks off another top vs bottom posting argument :)

D.

"Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> on about. These sorts of people don't think of others.
>
> So decide which you want to be - do you want to top post? do you want to
> trim your quotes or not? do you want to bottom post? If you choose to snip
> correctly and bottom post, you'll not get flamed for it. If you top-post
> and don't snip, then you'll likely find that wherever you go someone will
> whine at you.
>
> I don't advocate either way for *you* - I have my preferences and stick to
> them (even though I use OE), but I wouldn't want to force them on anyone
> else. However, the excuse for not sticking to the "etiquette" that has
> been established since UseNet was born - simply because your choice of
> newsreader encourages you to ignore those guidelines - is no excuse at all
> really.
>
> Now watch as this sparks off another top vs bottom posting argument :)

Ok thanks =)

(Like this?)

sardu wrote:

> "Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>> Quoting. In general, you should only include enough of the previous
>> message to get a context of what you're talking about.

> Ok thanks =)

> (Like this?)

Almost :)

You didn't need to quote my entire reply - just a couple of lines so others
can see what you're replying to and why.

Not everyone uses Outlook Express, and because of that the replies can show
up a long way from the original post - Outlook threads conversations
together in a treeview, but AFAIK it's the only newsreader that does except
GoogleGroups (and yes, they're the two most broken newsreaders there are).
Mind you, when a newsreader does that then there's even *less* of a reason
to quote an entire message!

D.

On 2005-04-08 16:43:15 -0500, "Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> said:

> [...]
> know what they're on about. These sorts of people don't think of others.
>
> So decide which you want to be - do you want to top post? do you want
> to trim your quotes or not? do you want to bottom post? If you choose
> to snip correctly and bottom post, you'll not get flamed for it. If you
> top-post and don't snip, then you'll likely find that wherever you go
> someone will whine at you.
>
> I don't advocate either way for *you* - I have my preferences and stick
> to them (even though I use OE), but I wouldn't want to force them on
> anyone else. However, the excuse for not sticking to the "etiquette"
> that has been established since UseNet was born - simply because your
> choice of newsreader encourages you to ignore those guidelines - is no
> excuse at all really.
>
> Now watch as this sparks off another top vs bottom posting argument :)

Gee, thanks.

--
House of Sprouts says, "Keep it simple, keep it fresh."
http://www.houseofsprouts.com/

"Paul Dunn" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> writes:
> Outlook threads conversations
> together in a treeview, but AFAIK it's the only newsreader that does except
> GoogleGroups (and yes, they're the two most broken newsreaders there are).

Many newsreaders do this. The one I'm using, Gnus, certainly does (and
of course is far less broken than Outlook).

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
--Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research