Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Having Disconnection Issues

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 3, 2011 7:14:39 PM

Hello, I am fairly new here and my new home-built desktop keeps disconnecting from the internet, I am not having trouble on any other computer of mine such as my laptop(s), my other desktops, and one of my Macintosh old generation. There is one other computer of mine which would be my new generation Mac. Not as bad as this desktop though, I have the Netgear WN311B and it's all hooked up correctly but it keeps on disconnecting me from my new upgraded Netgear router. When I try to open up the program which gives me the status on my connection it says that the adapter is not plugged in which it clearly is and even has the lights on (located on the back of my PC)... I have run out of ideas, I have moved it closer to my router which helped the signal but not connectivity, here our my specs:

Intel Core i7 Processor @ 3.07
Asus X58 Sabertooth Motherboard
Evga Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 SC
1TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
Netgear WN311B Wireless Adapter
4Gig Triple-Channel Corsair Dominator RAM

I believe that is my current build... Yes there is the optical drive and other little things but I do not think that those have an impact on my connection. Thanks!

More about : disconnection issues

Best solution

January 16, 2011 6:30:09 AM

Go to the properties of the WN311B and disable the power saving option. Remove the tick from allow the computer to save power by switching off this device..... That should about solve it....
January 30, 2012 2:50:32 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 30, 2012 2:50:35 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!