MotherBoard Doesnt Contain 24pin or 20pin Connectors!?! (HELP)

Exuse me but i am a bit of a hardware novice at this kind of thing! Basically i have the following machine: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/12454-12454-64287-321860-3328896-5037909.html?dnr=1

If you look at those specs you should be able to locate the MotherBoard i own, basically in it i dont see any white 24/20pin connector for my new PSU to go into? The current PSU goes like to some other connectors and then weirdly the motherboard connects to the hard drive and stuff instead of the PSU doing it?

I need to install my new PSU but i just cant seem to find how? Can you please click the link and give me some info on how this MoBo works?????
12 answers Last reply
More about motherboard doesnt 24pin 20pin connectors help
  1. Can you take a picture of your mainboard? You should have a 20/24 pin and atleast one 4 pin power connector. Look closely at your mainboard as not all board have the connector white I have seen a few that where black or grey.

    It could also be that HP is using a custom board and you will need to get a PSU from them to work.
  2. I'm nearly sure the motherboard isn't listed there as a model, it's most likely a custom board made by hp to fit in such a small case, though I might be wrong.

    That configuration of wires sounds very specific to your pc, you're probably best off posting pictures of how the wires look.
  3. Your PC has a proprietary motherboard that doesn't use the standard 20/24 pin connector. You will have to buy a replacement power supply from HP. Take a look at this illustrated manual:
    http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02741919/c02741919.pdf

    You can buy the replacement power supply directly from HP, but it's spendy:
    90% efficient:
    http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=8D5DBF8A3A9746F2A37F40B83BF760D9&SearchIn=PartNumber&SearchPN=613764-001

    regular:
    http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=8D5DBF8A3A9746F2A37F40B83BF760D9&SearchIn=PartNumber&SearchPN=613765-001

    There is also a video on removing the power supply that shows the minimal number of connectors:
    http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.htm?prodSeriesId=5037909&MEID=4744B3D9-2273-4AB0-B99A-C0DA1077712C

    You may be able to find those parts elsewhere from other online retailers for less money.

    Hope that helps.

    --Russel
  4. And that's one of the many disadvantages of HP PC.

    Why you do like that HP??!!
  5. joedjnpc said:
    I'm nearly sure the motherboard isn't listed there as a model, it's most likely a custom board made by hp to fit in such a small case, though I might be wrong.

    That configuration of wires sounds very specific to your pc, you're probably best off posting pictures of how the wires look.


    I'm at work at the moment, but i will when i get home.
  6. This is just one of many ways OEMs have of "capturing" computer buyers. My advice is to stop throwing good money after bad and build yourself a real computer. You already have a PSU.
  7. ram1009 said:
    This is just one of many ways OEMs have of "capturing" computer buyers. My advice is to stop throwing good money after bad and build yourself a real computer. You already have a PSU.


    well i cant afford it...otherwise i would...
  8. I will upload pics later,
    but for now the MotherBoard Model is: E93839










  9. Here are the pictures of my motherboard and connectors! PLEEASE HELP!
  10. Yupe, your motherboard doesn't have any 20/24 pins. Guess you have to buy a replacement from HP or worse, you have to change your motherboard.
  11. acerace said:
    Yupe, your motherboard doesn't have any 20/24 pins. Guess you have to buy a replacement from HP or worse, you have to change your motherboard.


    *** man, would it be possible to remove all hardware from that PC and put it in my new one? But obviously changed the motherboard :)
  12. jdlivegamers said:
    *** man, would it be possible to remove all hardware from that PC and put it in my new one? But obviously changed the motherboard :)


    Yes that would be possible and most likely you best option. You will want to make sure that you are getting a mainboard that has the same socket that you CPU is using. I am not up on intel as I have not used them for quite some time so some one else might be able to help you with that. Newegg as few low cost mid tower cases that are fairly good.

    Good luck and if you go for that option just make sure on the socket size for you CPU and of course come back if you need help and let us know how it goes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Hardware Hard Drives