$70 - below H61 motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
No. the asus board isn't better, just more expensive. The asrock will run your 7750 just fine with the right power supply. Check to see what is required for the 7750 in watts; I recommend antec, corsair, ocz, seasonic, enermax, and some rosewill models for the ps. If you want a better board, go with a Z77 chipset board which will run ivy bridge cpus without a bios flash and overclock "k" cpus; the h61 is fine for basic stuff without overclocking.
No. the asus board isn't better, just more expensive. The asrock will run your 7750 just fine with the right power supply. Check to see what is required for the 7750 in watts; I recommend antec, corsair, ocz, seasonic, enermax, and some rosewill models for the ps. If you want a better board, go with a Z77 chipset board which will run ivy bridge cpus without a bios flash and overclock "k" cpus; the h61 is fine for basic stuff without overclocking.

Solution

ModernKamikaze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012

Well I am never going to do any overclocking, is there any chipset better at doing that than the H61?

Status
Not open for further replies.