Jul 13, 2012
asrock x79 exreme6 mobo
core i7 3820 cpu
gskill ripjaws 8gb 4x2gb ddr3 ram
amd 6970 xfx gpu
hhd and ssd
850w xfx power supply
acer 23" monitor
so my monitor tels me that there is no conection when there obviously is so it leads me to beleave that my video card isn't working at first...I tested it in another pc it works fine(I also tested my monitor)
so I move on I think maby for some reason that pci-e slot is trash so I try the other pci-e slot it doesn't work(if it did i would have goten an RMA out of mobo)
ok so now I realize that the dr debug thing says 60 witch is supposed to mean that ram/cpu is bad(at this point I am like :fou: :bounce: ) I took all ram out but one and turned on mobo...turned it off switched ram slot turned it back on(did this to the rest of the slots and ram)
so I figure that I ether have some serious bad luck and got 4 bad sticks of ram or my cpu/mobo is bad..well I don't want to RMA (I say to myself) so what else could it be
just to check mobo I take out ram dr debug says 53 witch is good because that means it detected no ram(right?)
so basicaly mobo works untel it gets past the ram then can't detect cpu so it displays 60!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

truely I want to be proven wrong but I am pretty sure that ether my mobo or cpu is trash :fou: ...I can't RMA untel monday so I figured I may as well try and get some input.

if you have any ideahs then I would love to here them thanks :)

jerador

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
basicaly I just want to be sure it's my mobo before I ship it out for RMA
and I would like to know for sure what error code 60 means..
in my manual it says that it's dxe initilizing or somthing...but I don't know what that means ether
I need help
thanks in advance:)

Status
Not open for further replies.