Can't Stream After Setting Up Bridge

rjupiter

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I am not sure if this goes here and apologize if it its wrong category.

A little while back i got myself a NAS and because i can't / don't want it connect to the main router where i live, i share the internet and its a common area, i decided to get another router for the NAS and set it up as a bridge. This all worked fine and good and i have all my stuff, laptops, xbox etc... hooked up to it and am able to use/stream stuff from the NAS no problem. the issue now is that no one else can access the files on the NAS or on my local HD.

i have my files set to stream, like they were before, through WMP 12 and sometimes the xboxes etc... hooked up to the main router can see the NAS but it won't connect and i am not sure why. is this an issue with WMP 12 or is it the fact that i am hooked up to the bridge and everyone else is to the main router or something else?

the only way i can get files to share, mainly local ones on the hd in my laptop, is to connect to the main router. which if i do that then i can't access the NAS on my end.

not sure what i can do any help would be appreciated.

rjupiter

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010

well, no. i think i mentioned that i stream from my laptop/desktop. so the NAS with all the files is connected to my router which is the bridge to the main router.

the main issue is the other xboxes not being able to see the NAS at all even though i have set WMP12 to stream to all networks.

rjupiter

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010

um, like i said in the original post i set it up as a bridge which implies it connects wirelessly to the main router it would be kind of pointless otherwise.