Next Gameboy

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 2, 2005 5:03:28 AM

Is there any truth that the Nintendo DS isn't a follow-up to the Gameboy
Advance and there'll be one very soon?

--
"Even when you're dead don't just lie there and let them bury you."

More about : gameboy

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 5:03:29 AM

Liam wrote:
> Is there any truth that the Nintendo DS isn't a follow-up to the Gameboy
> Advance and there'll be one very soon?
>
> --
> "Even when you're dead don't just lie there and let them bury you."

Yes.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 5:03:29 AM

"Liam" <gun04@gun04.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 2kngh$87r$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Is there any truth that the Nintendo DS isn't a follow-up to the Gameboy
> Advance and there'll be one very soon?

It is true that the DS is not the next Gameboy. The will release another
Gameboy but not for some time. Most sites say late 2006 the earliest.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com
April 2, 2005 6:29:11 AM

Liam wrote:
> Is there any truth that the Nintendo DS isn't a follow-up to the Gameboy
> Advance

Yes. Nintendo has gone on the record multiple times saying the DS is a
separate system from the GB systems, and that there will be another GB
(called "Gameboy Evolution" on all the message boards), that will be
compatible with Revolution, though no hint of a release date, specs,
software, etc., has been given.

My opinion? The next Gameboy probably will be called "Evolution," and
it will be a miniature GC, completely backwards compatible with the GC.
I think it will have the same control scheme, discs, hardware, etc.,
of the GC along with a big, beautiful screen. I also wouldn't be
surprised if it turned out the GBE was not just a handheld, but also the
default controller for the Revolution. As fun as that sounds, the only
thing against it would be the control scheme. To be portable, it
couldn't use control sticks, it would need flat control pads or
something like that (no, don't say "like the PSP?", I had this idea
years ago dangit!). My point is that analog control on a handheld,
unless pulled off very well, will be second-rate to analog control on a
standard game pad, and thus the idea of using a sub-standard controller
as default would not be appealing.

> and there'll be one very soon?

That's a rumor, started by an analyst in WSJ or someplace. He based it
on Nintendo's history of releasing a GB or GB-variant (GBC, GBP, GBA,
GBA SP, etc.) every two to three years, and said Nintendo was due for
Christmas 2005. I think he got his analysis wrong by not taking the DS
into account. No, it's not a GB, but it's a handheld and it fits into
his little 2-3 years pattern.

> "Even when you're dead don't just lie there and let them bury you."

Yes, you do, because you are dead. That's how death works, you can't move.

--

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 12:13:53 PM

Liam wrote:

> Is there any truth that the Nintendo DS isn't a follow-up to the Gameboy
> Advance and there'll be one very soon?
>
> --
> "Even when you're dead don't just lie there and let them bury you."

the truth is that Nintendo will be broke after the DS fiasco
April 2, 2005 1:07:35 PM

> the truth is that Nintendo will be broke after the DS fiasco

Oh, yes of course. Yes, sales stronger than they expected, therefore, they
must have launched "expecting", to go broke.
Dont be a twat, Nintendo make more profit than MS & Sony do fromVideo Games,
in fact the latter two make a loss.

G.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 5:19:39 AM

G wrote:
> Oh, yes of course. Yes, sales stronger than they expected, therefore, they
> must have launched "expecting", to go broke.
> Dont be a twat, Nintendo make more profit than MS & Sony do fromVideo Games,
> in fact the latter two make a loss.
>
> G.

Ah, but you're forgetting one very important fact, which is that G@yCu34
1z teh k1DD13 sUX04s!!!!1!!!!!11, or so goes the opinion of every
mature, sophisticated, grown-up X-Box and PS2 gamer out there. Don't
forget: purple cubes are for little kids, big boobs and flying heads
are for sophisticated gamers.

--

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 8:18:16 PM

> Is there any truth that the Nintendo DS isn't a follow-up to the Gameboy
> Advance and there'll be one very soon?

Nintendo said from the start that the DS is NOT the next Gameboy. That
the two portable lines will co-exist as separate lines. Apparantely they
feel
that the Gameboys will be aimed at a slightly younger audience than the DS.
There have been reports that the next Gameboy might be released as early as
late this year or early in 2006. Also rumors that Nintendo will show it at
the
next consumer electronics show.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 6:57:10 AM

Jacob Oost wrote...

> big boobs and flying heads are for sophisticated gamers.

2 bad boobs and flying heads don't = profit, 'cause purple cubes makes 20X
the profit of the boob heads
!