Gigabyte H61M-D2P-B3: Monitor issues

elbowgeek

Distinguished
May 14, 2011
Hi all,

This is a baffling one. I just installed the above board powered by a Coolmax Model 80MM, 700 watt power supply. When I first powered I didn't see any display, but it appeared to be otherwise booting normally. After a bit of plugging and unplugging the monitor connected to the board's VGA out suddenly came to life and I was able to install the OS.

After the OS installed and I had all drivers loaded I tried the other display on the DVI port and set them up as a dual display. Oddly, it seems to detect the display correctly, but the screen is blank.

I have done some searching and the only thing I can find that seems to be a possibility is that perhaps the PS is not powerful enough, but I think I have a pretty decent PS.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dennis

septagon

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

HEy!

Check and see if your RAM is seated properly in their slots. I had the same issue and found that to be the reason, but on a difft Mobo..

Regards
S

elbowgeek

Distinguished
May 14, 2011

Thanks for the reply. It seems that it just doesn't like my KVM switch. The built in video card won't recognize my switch for some reason which is a bit of a pain.

Cheers