Silent pc with high performance case(sugg. needed)

Personally i use a Kandalf LCS (i think its discontinued by now), and my ex could sleep with the PC online np.

But the main thing is to buy quiet components. 7.200 rpm hdd is a bit loud, and any good GPU on non aftermarket cooling will be loud on load.

I suggest you exchange all case fans for a good brand like schyte gentle thypoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm6jlrqifQE

Personally i use a watercooling kit+a be quiet silenceing kit.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

it is the best air cooled case on the market. i am in love with the case and the non window version is 230$ free shipping on amazon (dont buy silverstone cases on newegg they charge you a lot on shipping). it is a little pricy which is why i recommend the Silverstone Raven RV03 a lot but that doesnt have a plain look you are going for. its hard to say if it is worth it because it is different. I like the design though and it doesnt matter to me if it has usb 3.0 or not.

Uther39

Distinguished

I thought you said you were looking for a low profile case? Both those cases you posted are full size tower cases ?

andrey64

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011

i currently use the HAF 922 which gets awesome airflow to all my components. that raven is good looking too but i want something low profile.

i dont mind a full tower pc case because my desk is quite large in the office so having a large build isn't that big a deal. I also will be considering getting a closed loop h50/60/70 or the antecs. The full custom loops r a bit expensive and dont really make sense for a build like mine.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

hmm low profile.... i dont know what case then. maybe the obsidian 600d or the lian li lancool that i posted before.
but if you can stretch a lot that ft02 would be the way to go.

andrey64

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011

the more and more i look at that fto2 i fall more and more in love with it. The setup is unique, looks awesome, side window , and great airflow but all combined with that professional look.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

remember to get it at amazon so you dont get hosed by shipping costs.