Sign in with
Your question

How to setup eyefinity (3 monitors not 4) on the 6970

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 14, 2011 6:46:30 PM

I have 2 msi lightning 6970 cards. They don't have the displayport port on them. They do have the minidisplayport ports on them. What do I need to setup eyefinity? How many cable, adapter? Which card to connect the cable, adapter? What combo will work: two mini's and one dvi or one mini and two dvi two mini's and one hdmi or one mini one dvi and one hdmi. Not trying to confuse you guys but you should know what i'm saying.

Thank you in advance

More about : setup eyefinity monitors 6970

a c 214 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
May 14, 2011 7:33:53 PM

You should use DVI ports if possible or a DVI adapter.I've been told that you have to use the Mini Display Port and not the HDMI port for Eyefinity.You also have to have all the monitors plugged into the primary card which is usually the top card.Any combo will work just not with the HDMI port.

This is what you need...

Saphire Adapter $30 + $2 Shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
l
May 14, 2011 10:59:29 PM

Thank you again sir.
m
l
Related resources
May 15, 2011 2:18:55 PM

Your third monitor will need to be connected to mini-displayport and yeah that adapter will work for you. The other two monitors can be connected via either DVI or HDMI.
m
l
May 16, 2011 6:29:51 AM

Chieftexas said:
Your third monitor will need to be connected to mini-displayport and yeah that adapter will work for you. The other two monitors can be connected via either DVI or HDMI.

Thanks CT
m
l
!