Phones that synch with Outlook's contacts?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

I'm trying to gather info on what's available from both Cingular and
T-Mobile, because my current cellular provider does not have coverage
where I live, and both GSM carriers do.

Functions I'm looking for, that I cannot readily determine from either
provider's sites, are:

Speakerphone
Voice commands/voice dialing
Download/synch phonebook from Outlook or PalmOS PDA

SmartPhones can be excluded from the list, because I already know that
answer and I'm looking to see if there is a less expensive option.

Please and thank you.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"And I thought I was a pessimist." (Lt. Cmdr. Ivanova, B5 "Points of
Departure")
8 answers Last reply
More about phones synch outlook contacts
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    Motorola does have sync software that is available for extra cost. It
    DOES NOT work with the Palm OS! I have read that it does work well
    with Outlook, but I cannot personally confirm this. You can go to the
    motorola site for details....

    For TMobile the current best available phone (IMHO) is the V330
    For Cingular the V551 is comparable with the Razr V3 the top of the line
    for not much more $$

    SFB

    Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    > I'm trying to gather info on what's available from both Cingular and
    > T-Mobile, because my current cellular provider does not have coverage
    > where I live, and both GSM carriers do.
    >
    > Functions I'm looking for, that I cannot readily determine from either
    > provider's sites, are:
    >
    > Speakerphone
    > Voice commands/voice dialing
    > Download/synch phonebook from Outlook or PalmOS PDA
    >
    > SmartPhones can be excluded from the list, because I already know that
    > answer and I'm looking to see if there is a less expensive option.
    >
    > Please and thank you.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    You may want to do a search on the internet for "phone sync outlook" or
    something along those lines. You will find several software products that
    will synch your contacts, etc... Once you see a product you like, see what
    phones they support.

    Now if you want to sync your e-mail, calendar, etc... wirelessly then the
    smartphone is a better way to go.

    Just a thought,
    Mark

    "Jeffrey Kaplan" <tmobil@gordol.org> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to gather info on what's available from both Cingular and
    > T-Mobile, because my current cellular provider does not have coverage
    > where I live, and both GSM carriers do.
    >
    > Functions I'm looking for, that I cannot readily determine from either
    > provider's sites, are:
    >
    > Speakerphone
    > Voice commands/voice dialing
    > Download/synch phonebook from Outlook or PalmOS PDA
    >
    > SmartPhones can be excluded from the list, because I already know that
    > answer and I'm looking to see if there is a less expensive option.
    >
    > Please and thank you.
    >
    > --
    > Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
    > The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol
    >
    > "And I thought I was a pessimist." (Lt. Cmdr. Ivanova, B5 "Points of
    > Departure")
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    The Motorolas are supported by Data Pilot (www.datapilot.com) which does
    synch with Palm so there's another option to consider.

    "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Motorola does have sync software that is available for extra cost. It
    > DOES NOT work with the Palm OS! I have read that it does work well with
    > Outlook, but I cannot personally confirm this. You can go to the motorola
    > site for details....
    >
    > For TMobile the current best available phone (IMHO) is the V330
    > For Cingular the V551 is comparable with the Razr V3 the top of the line
    > for not much more $$
    >

    > SFB
    >
    > Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    >> I'm trying to gather info on what's available from both Cingular and
    >> T-Mobile, because my current cellular provider does not have coverage
    >> where I live, and both GSM carriers do.
    >>
    >> Functions I'm looking for, that I cannot readily determine from either
    >> provider's sites, are:
    >>
    >> Speakerphone
    >> Voice commands/voice dialing
    >> Download/synch phonebook from Outlook or PalmOS PDA
    >>
    >> SmartPhones can be excluded from the list, because I already know that
    >> answer and I'm looking to see if there is a less expensive option.
    >>
    >> Please and thank you.

    I have Cingular, a Motorola V551 and a bluetooth adapter on my
    computer. Motorola Mobile PhoneTools can use bluetooth to sync
    Outlook calandar/phonebook and more.

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:55:24 -0400, Jeffrey Kaplan <tmobil@gordol.org>
    wrote:

    >I'm trying to gather info on what's available from both Cingular and
    >T-Mobile, because my current cellular provider does not have coverage
    >where I live, and both GSM carriers do.
    >
    >Functions I'm looking for, that I cannot readily determine from either
    >provider's sites, are:
    >
    >Speakerphone
    >Voice commands/voice dialing
    >Download/synch phonebook from Outlook or PalmOS PDA
    >
    >SmartPhones can be excluded from the list, because I already know that
    >answer and I'm looking to see if there is a less expensive option.
    >
    >Please and thank you.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    My experience has been that Nokia and Sony Ericsson provide phone sync
    software for free, as does Siemens. I have had two SE phones, and both
    worked with Palm flawlessly. Siemens was problematic with Palm.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    klugja@hotmail.com wrote:
    > My experience has been that Nokia and Sony Ericsson provide phone sync
    > software for free, as does Siemens. I have had two SE phones, and both
    > worked with Palm flawlessly. Siemens was problematic with Palm.

    Notorola provides MobilPhone Tools software that works with most of
    their phones and it does just fine.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:43:53 GMT, Rich Rusho <Nospam@nospam.net>
    wrote:
    >Notorola provides MobilPhone Tools software that works with most of
    >their phones and it does just fine.

    I don't know if it was the intent but that makes it sound like
    Motorola gives it away. You can get it for next to nothing on Ebay
    with the purchase of a USB cable, but it by no measure is a freely
    distributed program. I should be!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    I had both used SE T616 and Nokia 3650. Nokia has office suite SW for synch.
    SE also has its own SW.
    Good thing is that both have bluetooth that eliminates the cable connection.

    "Harry" <harry@the.end> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:43:53 GMT, Rich Rusho <Nospam@nospam.net>
    > wrote:
    >>Notorola provides MobilPhone Tools software that works with most of
    >>their phones and it does just fine.
    >
    > I don't know if it was the intent but that makes it sound like
    > Motorola gives it away. You can get it for next to nothing on Ebay
    > with the purchase of a USB cable, but it by no measure is a freely
    > distributed program. I should be!

Cingular Internet Service Providers