Asus Xonar DG and Front Panel Detection

jandslegate

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I'm really just looking for some sort of confirmation. I recently set up a new box. I put in my Xonar DG, I've installed the front panel jack jumpers onto the card. Headphones work and speakers work. However, I have to go into the Xonar audio manager program and switch from speakers (rear audio jack) or FP Audio. I've looked all over the Asus site. There's little information to be gained there. The homepage for the card says it has automatic switching and detection for front and back. The problem is I can't figure out how to do it. I'm using Windows 7 if that helps. Anyone have any tips it'd be very much appreciated.

jandslegate

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Has anyone had any experience with this issue? I'm not sure if it's a Win 7 issue or if its something with the card configuration. Asus support is pretty much non existent everything works the way it should other than I have to manually switch it in the Xonar software.

Dec 27, 2014
From experience, to get audio out of the front panel and rear panel headphone jacks, while getting audio from SPDIF, I had to uninstall my audio drivers for the built-in audio on my mobo, disable automatic driver reinstallation via Group Policy, set the "Default sound device" to "Speakers" rather than "S/PDIF Pass through device", reinstall the drivers on the CD and reboot and select (FP) Headphone in the Xonar DGX Audio Center. And btw, automatic headphone detection does not work: that is when a headphone is inserted (irrespective of rear or front and irrespective of whether the Audio center is set to PF Headphone or just headphone), SPDIF continues to transmit. (Win7 btw)