Sign in with
Your question

Asus Xonar DG and Front Panel Detection

Last response: in Components
October 19, 2011 6:04:00 AM

I'm really just looking for some sort of confirmation. I recently set up a new box. I put in my Xonar DG, I've installed the front panel jack jumpers onto the card. Headphones work and speakers work. However, I have to go into the Xonar audio manager program and switch from speakers (rear audio jack) or FP Audio. I've looked all over the Asus site. There's little information to be gained there. The homepage for the card says it has automatic switching and detection for front and back. The problem is I can't figure out how to do it. I'm using Windows 7 if that helps. Anyone have any tips it'd be very much appreciated.
October 19, 2011 2:35:31 PM

Should be automatic. The headphone jack needs to be completely removed/ installed into the FP to work properly.
m
l
October 20, 2011 9:41:56 PM

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? I'm not sure if it's a Win 7 issue or if its something with the card configuration. Asus support is pretty much non existent everything works the way it should other than I have to manually switch it in the Xonar software.
m
l
Related resources
October 20, 2011 9:47:22 PM

which FP audio do you have in your case? AC97 or HD?
m
l
October 20, 2011 10:01:04 PM

I believe it is AC97. I've tried configuring with both and headphones work with both settings (AC97/HDA). Just the whole toggling from software issue.
m
l
!