Enough Ram for my system?

Hey guys, im here asking you guys if i should get either 6 or 8 gigs of ddr3 1600 ram. Now on this desktop i will be using it for Both gaming and desktop/game capture. So i was wondering if 6 or 8 gigs of ram will do if im playing BF3, arma 2 or diablo 3 and using fraps or some other recording software at the same time. I also know that it takes more than ram to get good fraps results. My CPU, GPU and HDD are all very capable, i also have a ssd running the OS so the only thing im worried about is the ram. Thanks for the help :D
5 answers Last reply
More about enough system
  1. Either of them will be plenty. Make sure to use dual (or triple or quad) channel technology and you are fine with either 6 or 8 GB. Of course 8Gb will be slightly more future proof
  2. akxpckwb said:
    Either of them will be plenty. Make sure to use dual (or triple or quad) channel technology and you are fine with either 6 or 8 GB. Of course 8Gb will be slightly more future proof

Thanks, and ill be going with the 4x2 set for dual channel support ( cause my board dose not support triple) :p
  3. Well 8 Gb is more than enough for BF3 and Arma 2 and Diablo 3 !! My brother has 3GB RAM with a ATI radeon HD 5670 DDr5 1 GB graphics card and it runs smooth with max resolution !! You are good with the amount of RAM u have got !!
  4. arslan94 said:
    Well 8 Gb is more than enough for BF3 and Arma 2 and Diablo 3 !! My brother has 3GB RAM with a ATI radeon HD 5670 DDr5 1 GB graphics card and it runs smooth with max resolution !! You are good with the amount of RAM u have got !!
    Yes, but i also have to worry that i have enough ram to cover fraps or any other recording software at the same time as me playing a game, and with bf3 i have to have origin running to, and arma uses steam so thats why i was worried about the ram :D
  5. BF3 can suck up to 8GB of RAM for optimal performance (3.5GB BF3 (incl maps) + 3GB Shared (GPU) + 1GB OS).

My recommendations IF you have a Dual Channel MOBO/CPU = 2x4GB, Tri Channel MOBO/CPU = 3x4GB, and Quad Channel MOBO/CPU = 4x4GB. While 8GB is the minimum recommended other MOBO/CPU's 'today' I also recommend 4GB/stick density kits.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Desktops