Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Questions regarding my new HAF-X

Last response: in Components
Share
October 19, 2011 10:36:19 AM

Firstly, what the heck is this panel? :o 
It's in behind the SATA docks.



Secondly, do all the cables coming from the front of the case, USB, AC'97, HD AUDIO, 1394 and a 20 pin connecter need connecting? If so where do they go?
All I connected up were the cables that went into JFP1, like the power LED, Power Switch etc


Lastly, the top 200x30mm fan is making a slight wobbling? noise. Is there anyway to fix this? Can I tighten it? Maybe it's hit the edge a little... idk

Thanks.

More about : questions haf

a b ) Power supply
October 19, 2011 11:16:28 AM

Try to tighten the fan, but you may need to file for a replacement.

You have a "Hot Swap" panel near the sata docks. This is if you have multiple hard drives that you may be working on if you do tech work, or if you dont have enough bays. This is useful because you dont have to open up the case, you can just take out the drive tray, and slide it in. A single sata/sata power cable will due to power both bays.

There should be a cable to connect your front switches, and i believe its an "all-in-one" type deal like the Hot Swap tray. Please refer to the manual though, as its very easy to read and double check. Been a while since i have dont wiring on my HAF X.
m
0
l
October 19, 2011 11:48:31 AM

casualbuilder said:
Try to tighten the fan, but you may need to file for a replacement.

You have a "Hot Swap" panel near the sata docks. This is if you have multiple hard drives that you may be working on if you do tech work, or if you dont have enough bays. This is useful because you dont have to open up the case, you can just take out the drive tray, and slide it in. A single sata/sata power cable will due to power both bays.

There should be a cable to connect your front switches, and i believe its an "all-in-one" type deal like the Hot Swap tray. Please refer to the manual though, as its very easy to read and double check. Been a while since i have dont wiring on my HAF X.


Alright, thank you.

Looking at the manual on both my motherboard MSI GD55 and Case, it still doesn't explain what IEEE 1394a connector is, nor does it explain AC'97.
I want to know if they are even applicable to me.

The rest I have worked out :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 19, 2011 12:32:33 PM

i don't think they are applicable to you. I don't recall using them myself, not that i have a lot of extras, but they are probably more for sound cards or editing extras, don't quote me though.
m
0
l
October 19, 2011 1:10:40 PM

casualbuilder said:
i don't think they are applicable to you. I don't recall using them myself, not that i have a lot of extras, but they are probably more for sound cards or editing extras, don't quote me though.


Okay, so with the motherboard, the case seems to only provide 2 elevated places to screw it down.

So, I only have 2 screws holding the motherboard to the case, is this correct?

m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
October 19, 2011 1:25:43 PM

That is a wiring issue. is everything plugged in to the MoBo from the case/fans? they would be very small pin structure plugs. Its usually in the bundle of White/"color" cables pre-assembled with the case.
m
0
l
October 19, 2011 1:29:40 PM

casualbuilder said:
That is a wiring issue. is everything plugged in to the MoBo from the case/fans? they would be very small pin structure plugs. Its usually in the bundle of White/"color" cables pre-assembled with the case.


I edited my question above because I have it working now. :D 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
October 19, 2011 1:32:10 PM

no...the HAF X has a ton of screws to hold down the MoBo. There should be a diagram right on the mounting panel that shows depending on which size your MoBo is. put the risers in, then mount. Everything is labelled in the case.
m
0
l
October 19, 2011 1:39:45 PM

casualbuilder said:
no...the HAF X has a ton of screws to hold down the MoBo. There should be a diagram right on the mounting panel that shows depending on which size your MoBo is. put the risers in, then mount. Everything is labelled in the case.


Oh, I screwed the risers in and then went to put screws in the other holes that we labeled and found that it meant the mobo would have to be slightly bent downwards in order to fasten them. I didn't want to bend the board down at all so I left the screws out.
:??: 
m
0
l
October 19, 2011 2:24:33 PM

Mobo should sit flush on the risers theres usually a guide hole one in the centre that pokes through the mobo hole slightly so you know its sat right.

If it isnt sitting correct make sure the I/O panel at the back is in correctly.

IEEE 1394a - is the firewire specification i believe (who uses firewire expect for maybe mac users)

AC'97 - is an older audio interface for 3.5MM jacks on the front of the case usually AC'97 is paired with a HD audio lead most use that these days but check your hardware.

m
0
l
October 19, 2011 11:11:47 PM

Nugless said:
Mobo should sit flush on the risers theres usually a guide hole one in the centre that pokes through the mobo hole slightly so you know its sat right.

If it isnt sitting correct make sure the I/O panel at the back is in correctly.

IEEE 1394a - is the firewire specification i believe (who uses firewire expect for maybe mac users)

AC'97 - is an older audio interface for 3.5MM jacks on the front of the case usually AC'97 is paired with a HD audio lead most use that these days but check your hardware.


Thank you.

:D 
m
0
l
October 19, 2011 11:23:07 PM

I am still confused with the risers. I only had two of them sticking out, so I only have to screws holding the motherboard down.

It is lined up correctly with the holes, but like I said, there would have to be more risers in order for me to secure down more holes.
m
0
l
!