Questions regarding my new HAF-X

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Firstly, what the heck is this panel? :eek:
It's in behind the SATA docks.

IMGP1991.jpg

Secondly, do all the cables coming from the front of the case, USB, AC'97, HD AUDIO, 1394 and a 20 pin connecter need connecting? If so where do they go?
All I connected up were the cables that went into JFP1, like the power LED, Power Switch etc

Lastly, the top 200x30mm fan is making a slight wobbling? noise. Is there anyway to fix this? Can I tighten it? Maybe it's hit the edge a little... idk

Thanks.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Try to tighten the fan, but you may need to file for a replacement.

You have a "Hot Swap" panel near the sata docks. This is if you have multiple hard drives that you may be working on if you do tech work, or if you dont have enough bays. This is useful because you dont have to open up the case, you can just take out the drive tray, and slide it in. A single sata/sata power cable will due to power both bays.

There should be a cable to connect your front switches, and i believe its an "all-in-one" type deal like the Hot Swap tray. Please refer to the manual though, as its very easy to read and double check. Been a while since i have dont wiring on my HAF X.

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Alright, thank you.

Looking at the manual on both my motherboard MSI GD55 and Case, it still doesn't explain what IEEE 1394a connector is, nor does it explain AC'97.
I want to know if they are even applicable to me.

The rest I have worked out :D

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Okay, so with the motherboard, the case seems to only provide 2 elevated places to screw it down.

So, I only have 2 screws holding the motherboard to the case, is this correct?

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

I edited my question above because I have it working now. :D

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
no...the HAF X has a ton of screws to hold down the MoBo. There should be a diagram right on the mounting panel that shows depending on which size your MoBo is. put the risers in, then mount. Everything is labelled in the case.

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Oh, I screwed the risers in and then went to put screws in the other holes that we labeled and found that it meant the mobo would have to be slightly bent downwards in order to fasten them. I didn't want to bend the board down at all so I left the screws out.
:??:

Nugless

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Mobo should sit flush on the risers theres usually a guide hole one in the centre that pokes through the mobo hole slightly so you know its sat right.

If it isnt sitting correct make sure the I/O panel at the back is in correctly.

IEEE 1394a - is the firewire specification i believe (who uses firewire expect for maybe mac users)

AC'97 - is an older audio interface for 3.5MM jacks on the front of the case usually AC'97 is paired with a HD audio lead most use that these days but check your hardware.

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Thank you.

:D

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I am still confused with the risers. I only had two of them sticking out, so I only have to screws holding the motherboard down.

It is lined up correctly with the holes, but like I said, there would have to be more risers in order for me to secure down more holes.