Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Connect Two External Monitors to a Laptop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 15, 2011 4:44:24 AM

Hello,
I am seeking to find out whether it is possible to connect two external monitors to my laptop. I want each monitor to be used as Extended desktop and able to display different content. So in total 3 screens(two external + Laptop screen) each dispalying different content. Is it posssible. I have 1 VGA and 1 HDMI Port in my laptop. Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
May 17, 2011 6:45:50 AM

Anyone Please reply?
m
0
l
Related resources
May 19, 2011 3:24:52 PM

vivkom said:
Hello,
I am seeking to find out whether it is possible to connect two external monitors to my laptop. I want each monitor to be used as Extended desktop and able to display different content. So in total 3 screens(two external + Laptop screen) each dispalying different content. Is it posssible. I have 1 VGA and 1 HDMI Port in my laptop. Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650


Most laptops will only support two screens. You could have 2 external screens, or one external screen and your laptop screen.

If you wanted 3 screens, there are other products available that will make this work, like the matrox dualhead2go or tripplehead2go.

Thanks.
m
0
l
November 1, 2011 6:38:44 PM

Tubal said:
Most laptops will only support two screens. You could have 2 external screens, or one external screen and your laptop screen.

If you wanted 3 screens, there are other products available that will make this work, like the matrox dualhead2go or tripplehead2go.

Thanks.



How would you set up the 2 external screens and not have the laptop screen working?
m
0
l
November 1, 2011 6:40:54 PM

bkunoocho said:
How would you set up the 2 external screens and not have the laptop screen working?


If your laptop has two outputs (i.e. HDMI + VGA) then you can use 2 monitors that way.
m
0
l
November 1, 2011 7:06:43 PM

Tubal said:
If your laptop has two outputs (i.e. HDMI + VGA) then you can use 2 monitors that way.


See it does have 2 outputs, but when I plug the 2nd one in, it wont recognise it. Ive tried closing the laptop screen, but it just wont pick it up. Is there a way to tell it to not pick up the laptop screen and pick up the second monitor?
m
0
l
!