Connect Two External Monitors to a Laptop

Hello,
I am seeking to find out whether it is possible to connect two external monitors to my laptop. I want each monitor to be used as Extended desktop and able to display different content. So in total 3 screens(two external + Laptop screen) each dispalying different content. Is it posssible. I have 1 VGA and 1 HDMI Port in my laptop. Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
6 answers Last reply
More about connect external monitors laptop
  1. Anyone Please reply?
  2. I am not competly sure but I think that to connect 3 monitors you would need another graphics card.

Here is a page I found talking about the same thing
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Monitors-and-video/Elite-HPE-180t-amp-ATI-HD-4650-Best-Way-for-3-Monitors/td-p/329808
  3. vivkom said:
    Hello,
    I am seeking to find out whether it is possible to connect two external monitors to my laptop. I want each monitor to be used as Extended desktop and able to display different content. So in total 3 screens(two external + Laptop screen) each dispalying different content. Is it posssible. I have 1 VGA and 1 HDMI Port in my laptop. Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Most laptops will only support two screens. You could have 2 external screens, or one external screen and your laptop screen.

If you wanted 3 screens, there are other products available that will make this work, like the matrox dualhead2go or tripplehead2go.

Thanks.
  4. Tubal said:
    Most laptops will only support two screens. You could have 2 external screens, or one external screen and your laptop screen.

If you wanted 3 screens, there are other products available that will make this work, like the matrox dualhead2go or tripplehead2go.

Thanks.

How would you set up the 2 external screens and not have the laptop screen working?
  5. bkunoocho said:
    How would you set up the 2 external screens and not have the laptop screen working?

If your laptop has two outputs (i.e. HDMI + VGA) then you can use 2 monitors that way.
  6. Tubal said:
    If your laptop has two outputs (i.e. HDMI + VGA) then you can use 2 monitors that way.

See it does have 2 outputs, but when I plug the 2nd one in, it wont recognise it. Ive tried closing the laptop screen, but it just wont pick it up. Is there a way to tell it to not pick up the laptop screen and pick up the second monitor?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Connection Monitors Graphics