Closed

Ga990fxaud3 hard drive help

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • BIOS
  • Hard Drives
Last response: in Motherboards
July 14, 2012 10:03:31 PM

after more digging I figured it would be better to ask this here: so I have a gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 v1.1 with 2 hard drives plugged into SATA slots 3_0 and 3_1. They show up in the bios with correct sizes, names and slot number. I set the bios to IDE, but when I go to install windows 7 it can't see the drives. I've tried downloading drivers from the motherboard cd and from their website but still no luck.

More about : ga990fxaud3 hard drive

Best solution

July 14, 2012 10:25:49 PM

I do not know completely but if there is a setting for ahci mode, set them to that. Not IDE. If that does not work, i would try to see if -diskpart- will find it. When at the install window, press shift f10. Type "diskpart", then "list disk" (with space). If there are drivers located, you probably need to format them. If so, type "select disk 0" or whatever number it is, and type format. This will erase all memory from you drives. It might take a few minutes to an hour but it could solve your issue. Then just x-out and reboot.
July 14, 2012 10:49:56 PM

ahci in bios "on chip sata" or "sata controller" or both? well I tried as both but no luck. diskpart listdisk ended up showing 3 drives all around 950gb? I tried to format 1 but said I needed to select a volume, unfortunately couldn't figure that out.

edit: searched diskpart on google and got the drive I wanted to format through the prompt. Did a refresh on win7 install and it showed up just fine. My pc works now, thanks!
Score
Related resources
July 15, 2012 12:49:48 AM

Best answer selected by metalsonic.
Score
a c 329 V Motherboard
July 15, 2012 1:24:29 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!