Are these temps too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
i5-2500k 3.30GHz
no overclocking
Just surfing with Firefox and playing a video in the background.

Average of all cores is between 48-62 C / 118-144F

Solution

no--it will still run but will run hotter than it should--theres tons of threads on here where its turned out to be the problem

the link inerax posted is saying they hit 60c to 65c--but they were running prime 95 so it certainly should hit that on the stock cooler

to me your temperatures are too high as your cpu isnt even being heavily loaded--but no doubt some one who is an intel expert will come along to say whos right and whos wrong

some people are overclocking past 4ghz on the stock cooler so imagine how high your temperature would get then under full load

no--it will still run but will run hotter than it should--theres tons of threads on here where its turned out to be the problem

the link inerax posted is saying they hit 60c to 65c--but they were running prime 95 so it certainly should hit that on the stock cooler

to me your temperatures are too high as your cpu isnt even being heavily loaded--but no doubt some one who is an intel expert will come along to say whos right and whos wrong

some people are overclocking past 4ghz on the stock cooler so imagine how high your temperature would get then under full load

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.