How to lower CPU voltage in ASRock UEFI graphical Bios

hunted22

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Hi everyone..

I just purchased and installed an ASRock mobo, and I'm still figuring out its new bios, since I moved from the classic AWARD.

I'm taking my time figuring out the new bios, but for now, I just want to know how to lower the CPU voltage without changing the rest of the stock setup.. I used to run my 1.4v CPU on 1.26v at the same speed.. only voltage change.

What I want to do is to keep the stock setup and lower only the CPU voltage, while keeping AMD Cool'n'Quiet active.

I tried lowering the voltage with 'ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility' but when I lowered the voltage to 1.26v, the speed went from 3.4ghz to 2.9ghz.

Anyone can help please?

This information should be in your motherboard's manual and likely nowhere else. If you don't have a physical copy, then you can go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and download a copy from the specs page of your motherboard.

Also, manually overclocking is far safer than auto-overclocking tends to be and 1.4v does not seem like a good long-term voltage because it is kinda high. Auto-overclocking tools sometimes push the voltage way too far and if it does go too far, then the CPU and/or motherboard could die far sooner than they should if you have a more proper voltage.

hunted22

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
thank you for your replay..

1. I was actually looking for personal knowledge.. someone familiar with this bios to give a a quick fix till I study this new software and the manual.
2. there is no overclocking here.. the 1.4v is the stock voltage, but the CPU can run stable with 1.26 while the rest of the setup not changed. and thats what I want to do.

1. Sorry, but that I can't help with. Maybe someone with that board and the same BIOS version will pop in and help, but this probably won't heppen :(

2. My bad, I was thinking about the LGA 1155 CPUs and such when I said that, my mistake. I don't know why the CPU would run at a lower frequency automatically like this, but you should be able to manually set the frequency that you want it to run at, at least up to the stock frequency. If all else fails, you could try making up for the automatically lowering multiplier by increasing the BLCK-type frequency (might have a different name on some platforms, but that's not really important as to how you use it in this scenario).