Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Going from E6850 to E8600

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 19, 2011 5:59:12 PM

Hello all, :hello: 
At the present here are my system specs:
- Intel E6850 cpu 3.0Ghz(stock) in an Asus P5N-D Socket 775
- 4 gigs of A-Data memory
- SLI using two nvidia 8800GT stock(no oc)
- 2 500GB HD
- Win7 32 bit Service pack1

My question is would it be worth upgrading my CPU to a more modern Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core($300)?
I do so gaming like Crysis 1, Call of Duty and Photoshop CS5 and naturally emailing, MS Office.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

More about : e6850 e8600

a b à CPUs
October 19, 2011 6:24:37 PM

Q9550 is quite old, but it can still perform well. But if you have the extra money you should try grab a Corei5 2500k and a new 1155 motherboard.
Score
0

Best solution

a b à CPUs
October 19, 2011 6:30:40 PM

Whether it is worth it is completely up to you.... But yes your computer will perform better / faster especially when using CPU intensive program or programs (such as video editing ) that can use multiple threads.

It will definitely help with multi-tasking as well.

As far as worth it or not.... That is up to you. Is it worth teh money?
Share
Related resources
October 19, 2011 7:01:15 PM

itzdanielp said:
Whether it is worth it is completely up to you.... But yes your computer will perform better / faster especially when using CPU intensive program or programs (such as video editing ) that can use multiple threads.

It will definitely help with multi-tasking as well.

As far as worth it or not.... That is up to you. Is it worth teh money?



Thank you!
Score
0
October 19, 2011 7:03:09 PM

venjhammet said:
Q9550 is quite old, but it can still perform well. But if you have the extra money you should try grab a Corei5 2500k and a new 1155 motherboard.



Corei5 2500k is quite the CPU I'm told and from what I've read.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
October 19, 2011 9:41:18 PM

It is the best CPU for the money currently on the market.

It overclocks like a dream, I've heard 4.5GHz + on air... And it really is a great CPU.

2600k has a little more bang, but only in truly multi-threaded apps such as HD Video rendering.


So, basic story = 2500k best processor for your money.
Score
0
October 19, 2011 10:03:37 PM

itzdanielp said:
It is the best CPU for the money currently on the market.

It overclocks like a dream, I've heard 4.5GHz + on air... And it really is a great CPU.

2600k has a little more bang, but only in truly multi-threaded apps such as HD Video rendering.


So, basic story = 2500k best processor for your money.


Thank you!
Score
0
October 30, 2011 5:50:45 PM

Best answer selected by usafang67.
Score
0
!