Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS Sabertooth P67 FAN won't fit!

Last response: in Motherboards
July 15, 2012 6:47:07 AM

Real simple:
Bought an EVERCOOL FAN-EC5020M12CA 50mm Case Fan for my ASUS Sabertooth P67 board.........neither the screws that came with the fan or the ones that were already in the board work.
According to one review I need M 3 x 30mm screws to make this thing fit....but I can't find them at any of my local hardware stores and looking online took me to some iffy sites.

Any ideas guys?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 125 V Motherboard
July 15, 2012 7:01:25 AM

What's wrong with the included screws that makes them not work? Case fan screws are usually self-tapping machine screws. Meaning that there are no threads in the receptacles when you start turning them, and you have to use alot of forces to get the screws to create a thread or groove an the receptacle as it goes in.
m
l
July 15, 2012 7:13:53 AM

Sorry....not enough info I guess.
The Sabertooh P67 motherboard by ASUS has a port built into the thermal armor that covers the board that allows for the installation of a small 50mm fan to help better circulate cool air against the board.
The screws that hold the lid to that port in place are too short and the ones that came with the fan are too thick.

That clear things up better?
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 125 V Motherboard
July 15, 2012 7:19:08 AM

Ahhh, I see. Wish I had a recommendation for you, but I guess Asus went with a nonstandard screw size.
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 156 V Motherboard
July 15, 2012 7:25:22 AM

I get those size screw from my local hobby shop. If you have an RC shop nearby, try them. I found these at Grainger
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/machine-screws/screws/...
I have shopped through them quite a few times
And my link didn't work right but they have about 8 options for M3x30
July 15, 2012 7:26:55 AM

Best answer selected by HunterTank95.
m
l
July 15, 2012 7:28:35 AM

C12Friedman said:
I get those size screw from my local hobby shop. If you have an RC shop nearby, try them. I found these at Grainger
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/machine-screws/screws/...
I have shopped through them quite a few times

Of all the...... O_o it would be something totally off-the-wall like that wouldn't it. -_- lol
Leave it to ASUS. Great products but sometimes they make you scratch your head a little.

Thanks for the tip! There's a couple hobby shops around but I never DREAMED to look there.
m
l
!